PSA to all users of Brave browser

Brave is a fantastic browser. It’s based on Chromium, but surpasses Chrome in almost every way. Better performance, much better privacy settings, and more.

However: Brave’s privacy functionality is so good that it has a tendency to break websites. Usually, the signs of these errors are obvious immediately, but not always. Case in point: Certain Flowlab features will break if you leave “Block [Device] Fingerprinting” on.

For years while using Flowlab, I had unexplainable issues which resulting in games becoming unplayable due to broken physics and missing functionality. It was only recently after introducing a friend to the Brave browser that I realized what was causing the issue. The list of issues this can cause, at least in my experience, are:

• Impulses, motors, any other dynamic movement blocks will not apply the correct amount of power
  • Poor framerates
  • Incorrect/inconsistent mouse inputs
  • Probably more

These issues can be avoided by simply going to a Flowlab game’s page, clicking the Brave icon next to your search bar, and clicking the “Allow fingerprinting” option in the fingerprinting dropdown menu. If you are using Brave browser, I recommend going to the following game link and checking that your settings are configured properly now:

Here is what my configuration looks like, and where you can find the option:

I hope this helps fellow privacy conscious Flowlab users. And maybe convinces some people to make the switch because Chrome ■■■■■. Thank you :+1:

8 Likes

Thanks for this! Been having issues with my character’s jump physics not working properly and couldn’t figure out why.

5 Likes

No problem, happy to help :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for sharing a Solution!

I made a bug report on the Flowlab Official Discord Server so this doesn’t get lost and can be more easily found for Grazer too.

I use Firefox and Edge when working with Flowlab and they work great for me.
But this definitely sounds like an issue because I’ve had playtesters also unable to play my games due to using the Brave browser.

2 Likes