Publishing Updates

Hey @grazer, I was wondering if it would be possible to eventually have a publishing button in the game setting for paid users, or not paid users I just thought this would be one of those things. What I mean by publishing is that you can choose if or when you want the updates to be shown to the public, when you press the publish button the updates will be shown to anyone playing the game, but anything that you changed and didn’t press the button wouldn’t be seen to public viewers.

Let me know if this makes any sense or not and please excuse any writing errors. :wink:

2 Likes

This request is Musketeer Approved

1 Like

I feel like this could be have some flaws like, anyone who is new and might not know why there progress isn’t showing on another account, so maybe a choice when you first open your game if you want to allow this or not.

1 Like

I’d also love a review section + a trusted review section.

Flowlab use to work like that a few years back, but exports like Google play, Steam, and IOS store makes it easier to choose when to update (aka uploading the updated game).

This could have some uses, like updated window and Android versions off the store, but mostly this can be done in with embedding now.

3 Likes

Most of us don’t have fully fleshed out games on the app store tho :confused:

Most of us can’t even afford it lol.

I’d like this because you wouldn’t have to go through external sources to have an Update option.

While we’re on the topic of updates and downloads, I’d really love to see a flowlab app store. I have been wanting to share my games with my friends as downloads but have no means to.

2 Likes

You dont necessarily need to use an appstore to update the game, a new export of the game would work as well.

If Flowlab had an appstore, you would still download it like a normal export. What you could do now is leave the download link in the description of the game.

2 Likes

How do I download it then?

With the download link…

When you click download after exporting, a link is created. If you go to your downloads in your browser settings, you can copy the link.

Anyone can download that export with that link, as I said you can put that link in the game description for everyone to download it.

You have to use a new link for every export/update.

Ah yes, the download link.

1 Like

Use Desktop Site or another device, the download link will be in your download history of your browser settings (google account). ( ̄︿ ̄)

1 Like

I think @meburningslime once said he no longer has access to a desktop. Not sure if that is still true now, but just wanted to point that out there, since that is a likely reason why he just used a screenshot from his phone.

1 Like

Desktop Site is still an option on the phone,
sure it’ll make things a lot smaller, but its a lot more usable.

It’s more accessible using Desktop Site option in landscape orientation on the phone.

2 Likes

I figured out how to do it but it’s hard to do on mobile :confused:

1 Like