Question about Exported games

So I was wondering when you export a game, can you modify it afterwards, for instance an update, or bug fix?
And can you continue to update even if your subscription ends?

3 Likes

You can export your game again, then upload that version to whatever store you’re using as an updated version. People will then have to download an update.

3 Likes

So will anything be lost for them? Save data… Purchases etc

2 Likes

I don’t know yet. I would assume yes, but I haven’t uploaded a game…
YET…
(Spoiler alert? You decide :upside_down_face: )

2 Likes

Hey @The_KWASM - save data should not be lost on update, and there are no In-App-Purchases.

1 Like

I was also referring to purchasing the game itself. But I think it’s safe to assume that it wouldn’t override.

1 Like

Since the ability to export comes with indie, I would assume that you cannot.

From past experience of exporting mobile, it seems like the data is shared by game (maybe by game ID). My Coins in the old and new games versions carried over to each other.

1 Like

Your existing exported games will continue work, and stay live on the app stores, etc. You lose access to the export button when your subscription ends, however, so you cannot export new versions.

The games are not changed or anything when your subscription ends, however, so you can always re-subscribe any time in the future for a month to make new exports if you need to.

2 Likes