Questions about publishing game on Google Play🕹

I am going to upgrade my Flowlab account with the goal of publishing on Google Play. I’ve researched what to do but I have a few questions that I can’t find the answers to. Thanks in advance for any help in the right direction.

• Google play requires screenshots from mobile, as well as tablets with both 7 & and 10-inch screens. How do you get the screenshots for the tablets? Do you have to buy two tablets in order to get screenshots of your game? (seems crazy and I know I’m missing something).
    -Where do you find your games App ID, and how do you sculpt a reverse domain string?
  • The privacy policy url. Does each game have its own privacy policy url or do Flowlab games all use a similar or same privacy policy url?
  • Is it possible to export your game as both a mobile app and desktop app or can you only publish your game as one?

A giant thank you to the Flowlab community!
I can’t wait until I can be helpful instead of just asking questions.
Cheers, and be well.

2 Likes

Hello,
I don’t know the answer to the first three questions, when you’re coming with a payment or account issue, be sure to @grazer. For exporting though, you can publish it in as many ways as you want! I think someone even found a way to play via google on the Nintendo Switch.

1 Like

@meburningslime Thanks my friend

2 Likes

I’ve done an app on google play before, so here are my responses:

1. The screenshots are just images you upload to google play. You can get the screenshots by playing the game on PC, or exporting the game as a .apk to play on your android device (without needing to be in the google play store) and you can screenshot that way too.
    (Screenshot on PC by using Win+Shift+S, android is usually by Power+VolumeDown).

2. Yes, you have to upload a privacy policy with your game. This can be done many ways, most of which can be google searched and created for free.
    (I made mine through flycricket way back when: https://drive.flycricket.io/privacy.html)

3. Through Google play you can only post as a mobile device, but you can export games to windows or android device without needing to go through a store.
    On windows, you will download a zip file that you will extract. In the file, just run the .exe file to play the game. On android, run the .apk and it will automatically make it as an app on your android device.

1 Like

@JR01 Seriously can’t thank you enough. Thanks for the link and info, it really helps me out. All the best to you and yours.

2 Likes