Ramshackle Reviews [Suspended]

I don’t even read his name, I just hear it as turbo-bot for absolutely no reason.

3 Likes

yes, correct. tod-or-robot. it’s not quite a palindrome and not quite a reflection, but i liked the symmetry. Also “todbot” was already taken on a bunch of social media platforms, so I became Tod OR Robot. :slight_smile:
todorrobot screen cap

Also, Thanks @Ramshackle I appreciate the play through and the kind words. I never really meant to spend more than a few days on this game, but it was so charming that I didn’t want to stop. I’m glad you had fun and it made you smile. Did you read the post-mortem I posted on itch?

4 Likes

I didn’t, but I’ll definitely read that!

4 Likes

@The_KWASM Just a heads up, expect a review done later today.

4 Likes

Here is a game that I made a bit ago. I want to eventually revive it and hopefully make a full mobile game out of it, but its far from done and can probably be completed within 10 minutes or so.

I want to start working on this game, adding new features and achievements, plus a new ball I want to add, but I need to know what I should do to fix the game now before adding more on top of it.

6 Likes

I pronounced your name,

“tow-doe-robot”

5 Likes

hahaha same! I thought I was the only one, lol

4 Likes

i beat it in the time of my address (also recently I bought new shoes and the price of them was my address, weird)
also some of my recommendations are make a button for going back to checkpoints it was very annoying having to walk down platforms to get to the void so i could respawn back at the checkpoint one other thing make the side to side less touchy in the air it was hard adjusting to land just right on one block and make a mode with no checkpoints

3 Likes

I’ve always said toddoro bot

3 Likes

That’s how I’ve always pronounced it, lol.

4 Likes

Same lol ok stop lets not hijack this thread

2 Likes

@The_KWASM’s “Attack on tortoise”

Sorry that I’m a little late to this one

Art 6/10:
Pretty basic sprites, no animations (which makes sense in most cases here). They change colors when you upgrade the towers, and the towers are very different from each other. Great environments great job on those! The backgrounds are nice and the stages are very different from each other, the nicest map probably being the Christmas one.

How well the game fits this style 8/10:
The sprites fit almost perfectly here! It really reminds me of the bloons tower defense games that you definitely took a ton of inspiration from. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it will take a way some of your originality points later in the review.

Gameplay 5/10:
The game is fun and I did play it for a while testing out all the towers, stages and difficulty modes. There’s just not much to set it apart from all the other tower defense games that do it better. It’s pretty identical to what you’ll find in games like Bloons TD 5 where you can place your towers (the most basic being one that slowly throws darts), you can upgrade them (the UI looks almost identical to the bloons td games upgrades), and you can unlock new towers (in this games case you start with quite a few)

Gameplay overview:

Enjoyment 6.5/10:
I had a lot of fun playing this game! The TD genre has always been pretty addicting to me and this game is no different, and the fact that it’s so similar to the bloons games honestly brought it up a level.

Difficulty may vary:
There isn’t much I can do to pinpoint a score here, it really changes with what maps and difficulty levels you choose. I suck with normal for the most part.

Story 0/10:
None present (from what I can tell)

Sound design 7.3/10:
Different tracks for every stage and catchy fun themes, the music in this game is great! I even ended up muting my playlist to listen to this games themes. Other than that not much sound, but add some more effects and you should be set!

Title 5/10:
It’s cool and pretty self explanatory, but once you start playing the game it doesn’t make much sense. The turtles are attacking us right? So why is it applying that the tortoises are the ones being invaded?

Originality 4/10:
There is a little bit of “new” things in this game, but it mostly just keeps the basic tower defense formula and takes a ton of ideas from the bloons games.

Game Feel 6/10:
It feels good! It’s revolutionary but you took a genre that is messed up almost constantly, and you made it well! There isn’t anything I can really complain about other than the lack of a variety in enemies, but honestly it feels great.

Creativity 7/10:
This is where the stages come in handy. They were honestly really really well designed (Except that one thats just a plain singular path) and all feel different. They all feel new and refreshing, looking at these landscapes makes up for most of the other issues and I’m eating it right up!

Overall 5.48/10:
Fun game, good graphics, and awesome environments. This game is honestly a breath of fresh air for anyone who is even a little bit into tower defense. Obviously like any game it has problems, and is nowhere near perfect. But work on it a little more and this can be my new go-to TD game!

I’d also say to add some to the title screen, as of right now it’s extremely plain

Reward: The ramshackle badge of approval

(credit to huckleberry for the sprite)

7 Likes

Ooh the topic reached 10 likes, I’ll have to add that to my collection of “nice topic” badges :laughing:

6 Likes

@DarkStar_Studios I’m going to start playing your game “Merlin’s Forge” today, so the review should be done late today or tomorrow

1 Like

I have this small funny game here

2 Likes

Wow, I expected a short half review since I don’t plan on going back to this. Was mostly just a test to see how well the TD formula worked in Flowlab.

For the music, there is a playlist of about 20 songs that randomly play, not specific to any map.
Also I’m not sure how well it ran, or if you got to this but I put a large emphasis on elements, for example. The fire bender cannot be placed in the ocean map, where as the water tower can be placed anywhere on it. And enemies like the Bee Torti who are immune to the pollination effect.
But thanks for this review, and reply back to this if you would have any interest in exclusive beta access to the game i’m ACTUALLY working on, which takes a lot from Plants Vs Zombies, and makes it my own.

2 Likes

Cool! I mostly just used the basic tower and the one with the spear, so I didn’t notice all of those extra things. And the music I figured was programed to each stage since I only played them once, and it was different each time

4 Likes

Sorry for the delay, I might be able to get @DarkStar_Studios’s review done today. I can’t make any promises though, there’s a lot going on right now

2 Likes

Hey guys I do have some bad news, in order to make time for my games (and life in general) I’ll be shutting down reviews for now. I’m sorry to everyone who was going to get one but I really don’t have the time right now. A few users have opened up review threads after me, so I’d recommend checking those out. I think it was @Qwen @Galactian and @John_Shrekinson. Go ahead and check those out, and I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to get all of those done

12 Likes

Additionally, good luck with both your life and your games.

11 Likes