[RESOLVED!] Glitch with Chromebook; Game Editor Cursor displacement

Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 12.47.24 PM

The Orange/Blue Box is off-centered from my cursor. This is only on my Chromebook, so I really don’t know if it is my device or Flowlab. @grazer Is it Flowlab or is it just my Chromebook? Really would like to know.

This has happens to me when I work on my Chromebook too. I thought my device was a bit wonky but I guess this isn’t just me :sweat_smile:

This happens to me too! Also, it doesn’t let me make new animations and the sprite and behavior menus aren’t full screens. I thought it was just me, but it turns out I’m not alone!

Hmm. Seems like I am not the only one.
@grazer do you know how to fix this?

I have not been able to reproduce this issue, but I have seen several reports of it now.

I’m going to go to Best Buy tonight, and if I can find Chromebook that shows this behavior, I’ll buy it and bring it home so I can fix this problem. Thanks for reporting it!

No problem, Grazer! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey,

So I just got back from Best Buy, and I tried every make and model of ChromeBook and PixelBook that they had on display (about 20). I could not reproduce this offset cursor issue on any of them, so I’m still at a loss as to what is going on here.

Maybe a few more details might help:

Does this happen every time, or only occasionally?
Does it happen on only specific games?
When it happens, does reloading fix the issue?
Would you be willing to hop on Discord to try and troubleshoot the problem?

Happens every time, every game, and refreshing never works. Not even shutting off the device and turning it back on

Yeah, I will try to take a little trip to Discord, but not right now. I’m at a location where I cannot do it at this time. I will come and do it on Discord later.

One more thing that might help, if possible:

Go to any game, and add the following to the url: “?debug=true”. For example:

https://flowlab.io/game/play/1205435?debug=true

Then open the dev console (press f12 key), select the “console” tab to see the logging, it should look like this at the top:

Builder.hx:178: ===================
Builder.hx:179: Flowlab app startup
Builder.hx:180: ===================

and copy/paste the first 30 or so lines (up to the point where it says “^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^”)

This will give me a lot of details, and may be enough to figure out the issue.

Ok. I will do so when I get the time. However it will be quite a while in order for me to get that window of time.

Thank you for trying to help, Grazer! [‘u’]b

@Greggo or @PixelMonster - do either of you have the time or inclination to post the info above? It would be really helpful to track this down

Bump! Hey - please let me know if anyone is seeing this cursor alignment issue and can send me some logs. It would be soooooper helpful :slight_smile:

When I use my Chromebook my entire game tends to break down. Sometimes adding more characters or blocks than their should be. One time I was playing and it copied the player’s character and duplicated like three of them. This never happens on my other computer.

I just deployed an update that I think with resolve the chromebook cursor offset issues, but I can’t be 100% sure. If anyone in here has seen this cursor problem please check again and let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks in advance!

Hmm. It seems nothing has changed. The cursor displacement, the size of the coding screen, everything. :frowning:
As for the f12 thing, very confused. Do I do it on my PC or my chromebook? My chromebook doesn’t have the f1-f13 keys.

Hey @ShadowAxeKid - I think I deployed the wrong version last time, sorry :frowning:

Try it now and see if the fix is in place. If not, you can open the console in chrome by opening the chrome menu selecting “More Tools” and then “Developer Tools”. F12 is just a shortcut. Thanks for testing it :slight_smile:

ATTENTION CHROMEBOOK USERS!

I believe @grazer has fixed the issue. For me, the problem seems to be working fine now. It should work with other Chromebook users to!

Thank you so much @grazer ! This has been very helpful and I am glad you found a solution! :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!