🛠️Samuel's Workshop - My creations & examples!

Hi everyone! Welcome to my Workshop :hammer_and_wrench:,
I want to share here all my creations that are meant to be used by others (Bundles, Tools, Examples) and other game prototypes too. :sparkles:

I often make Examples or Bundles and share them a bit, but they take a long time to finish due to my lack of free time ahah :smile: So, I want to share more non-finished projects in one place, so they can get used by people too, and have their place on the forums.

I want to start with two of the more recent examples that I only shared on the Flowlab Discord yet.

:hash::nine: “9 Slice” Panel Bundle (+ 25 Slice)

Description: Bundle that attaches a panel with a 9 Slice Animation.
Resize shapes without stretching their pixels, keeping your sprites pixel-perfect.
It can be used for Buttons, Alerts, Boxes, Dialogue bubbles, Bars*, and Borders.

This Bundle is especially useful for UI Design but can be used for other things.
Having this on your game allows you to keep a coherent interface between all your game’s buttons, as you can re-use their style, and set any dimensions you desire. This also saves you a lot of time as you don’t need to re-draw sprites in different sizes and you can experiment with sizes more easily.

It also automatically calculates its click area! It’s great for making good and quick Buttons.

*Bars = This could be used to make bars, but with the current features, there’s a minimum size so it doesn’t stretch the pieces, I could remove/option this limit in the future.

9 Slice Panel - Example Game:

Here’s the playground showing some cool usecases:
9 slice Panel - Samuel Tomé Designer & Game Developer

The dialogue box shown above is using the 25 slice. This is something I made up, not sure if it’s known outside this, but it allows you to create panels with more details. More below.

Showcasing the Bundle for the Holder object:
9 slice Panel Bundle - Samuel Tomé Designer & Game Developer

This is already in a usable state but could be improved and finished (e.g.: change from using various Attacher behaviors to a single Spawn behavior).
The bundle also needs more notes and an import tutorial, which is why this is not finished yet.

Here’s a 9-slice Animation template if you want to use the bundle already:
I’m already using this in my game, Scraptech - so, it works. :slight_smile:
Animation:
9 Slice Panel Bundle - Template Gif
Base Image:
9 Slice Panel Bundle - Template Icon

9 Slice Panel Spritesheet Example:
Cute Strechy cat browser window. Just an example, don’t steal the art.

25 Slice Panel Spritesheet Example:
A dialogue box with an Avatar portrait. Just an example, don’t steal the art.

Thank you! Let me know what you think of this Example :blush:

6 Likes

:straight_ruler::nerd_face::point_up:Ruler Companion Flowlab Add-on

Description: A Bundle/add-on that adds a “Dev Tool” with a bunch of tools/features so you can measure, align, and see coordinates!

I’m making this with @Baron_Wasteland , they are making the Mascot Sprites.
But this is still in its early phases. It’s usable but needs to be completed.

The guides you create are also responsive, so if you change the game’s dimensions they will adjust their position based on their position on screen % (I also want to add more responsive options later on).

Ruler Companion - Example Game:

📝✅ List of features done/to be added:

Here’s a preview of what’s already there:

Rulers Companion Addon - Samuel Tomé Designer & Game Developer

What do you think of this? Would you use it on your games to align your UI and other stuff?

6 Likes

Absolute YES! The measuring ruler is a godsend for any :nerd: who wants to build their games with precise utmost accuracy :point_up:.

1 Like

Danm, looks so great, does the animation of the one look like a penguin at the left bottom using 1 or 2 objects?

2 Likes

Thanks! Everything is just one object, that one has the 25-slice option enabled inside the Bundle. @Khoi_Pham

@John_Shrekinson Thanks! Glad you like it :star2:

3 Likes