Score Not Updating On First Level Load

Alright so this might be a complicated explanation but here’s the issue.

This part of the code is pretty basic: once the level loads, calculate which level of the game we should be on and send input to that level.

This next part is basically just for orginazation purposes, but it takes that input and splits it into two inputs that go into the “calc lowscore” block.

Here is where I THINK the issue is, but because I haven’t been able to figure out the issue I’m not 100% sure :joy: What this code is supposed to do is read the number in the save block immediatly and check if it is 0, AKA hasn’t been beat yet. If it is 0, then it changes it to 100 (a number high enought that when the game checks for a low score it will usually be lower) and then send that score out to the text block and save it.

The issue for me is that sometimes it will update immediatly, but sometimes it only updates the SECOND time that the level is loaded. I’m not sure why it does this incosistently, but if anyone has any tips or can figure it out it would be GREATLY appreciated. (:

1 Like

try using two different behaviors for the saving and loading

2 Likes

You mean two different save behaviors? I’m slightly confused what you mean haha

1 Like

Yeah, just duplicate it. When loading AND saving, the out will be activated, and you don’t wanna activate that one piece of code when you’re just saving.

2 Likes

Dope, makes sense, thank you

1 Like

(Waiting stupendous amounts of time for the solution)