Scoring System for my Diving game

Hello Flowlabers this is my first forum post here so be gentle. I am trying to work on a diving game inspired from Mario Party 6’s Snow Whirled where the player needs to press ABYX or in my case (keyboard) Up,Right,Down left. My question is how can I make a scoring system when the player presses Up,Right,Down,Left while not just letting players spam left to get points they need to press all 4 inputs to earn 360 points.

Thanks!

-Brian

3 Likes

Can you give a better explanation on this?

Do you want it to give a point every time an input is hit?

1 Like

I want the player to press all 4 inputs then if the player has pressed all 4 when they press left (last input) it detects that and the player gets 360 points. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Ok firstly use some AND logic gates to detect if all keys are on. You will need 3 AND logic gates. Set the keys to repeating and 0 so it detects if they are held or if you want you can store an input.

1 Like

would i need to create a seperate sprite for this?

1 Like

What do you mean? Do you not have a sprite meant for storing code?

1 Like

I just made one now! can you provide a example of what you previously mentioned with the and logic gates as im struggling to figure this out.

1 Like

Well first you want to make it where they have to press the buttons in the specific order with a delay between them. Every correct input should give the player 360 points after all 4 buttons are pressed.

This could be done with switches and trimers, and a counter to keep track of when 4 inputs are done (A%4).

2 Likes

Can you provide a example as I can’t figure this out as previously mentioned.

4 Likes

Sure @BrainyBrian, here’s something I made quickly:

4 Likes

Looks great! however Im assuming I put this in a sprite for storing code?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Huh??
It’s the code to do what you were asking.

You seem to have it copied correctly, is it working for what you’re looking for?

3 Likes

When I press them nothing happens. what am I missing?

2 Likes

Can you post a link to the game? Then it will be easier to help you figure out what has gone wrong.

3 Likes

Keep the editor open while you play the game.
You should see them light up when you press the button. To this, press the play button on the bottom left of the code editor.

If the buttons aren’t showing when you press them, then could you leave a link to the game so I can see?

2 Likes

I feel I am missing a label?

That works but now I need it to display the score would I need to add a label?

Yeah, I would also use rotate after the correct value.