Send text to objects through multiplayer (not solved)

I’m saying to use a number to tell what text to use.

can you show a picture because I’m confused
number to tell what test???

Something like this… I think

1 Like

in which object the shared or the no multiplayer

No Multiplayer, if this behavior doesn’t work in a no multiplayer object; let me know.

I sent a message in 1 and 2 received null then I sent a message in 2 and 1 received nothing, then nothing was sending after that
let me check that null that might be the culprit.

you know what the shared is reading the list but the other client’s list is null
that’s what I believe is happening

If there is nothing in the list, it may output null

yeah so when I text into 1, 2 is still empty so when I call 2 nothing happens while 1 sends the text
here ill lets you see the code then you can screenshot it if you think it will work

in the “multiplayer level” in the type bar object in the UI layer all the way to the left

Ah, so you’re sending text like a chat.
I would use the Cloud Behavior with checks at a 10 sec intervals.
That or you’ll need to make a system that converts numbers into text to be dispayed.

If Grazer comes back to Multiplayer updates, he could make a shared behavior for Text.

@grazer ^
I thought about turning it into numbers but the problem is converting them back + players then cant send numbers in the chat if i did that

do you know of any special characters I can use that count as numbers? (or am I stuck with using numbers?)

Nope, just numbers.
I would use a string and divide it up in 3 numbers.

For example in ascii,
“This is Minecraft” =
84 104 105 115 32 105 115 32 77 105 110 101 99 114 97 102 116

1 Like

how would I decode that? also wouldn’t just doing a=1 and so on be easier?

{“data”:{“behavior”:{“v”:“2”,“nodes”:[{“inputCount”:7,“outputCount”:5,“name”:“Text List”,“behaviorType”:“logic.data.TextList”,“x”:-810,“y”:-384,“group”:“9967aa14ec043e48”,“id”:“9974a453d910a34c”,“startVal”:[“q”,“w”,“e”,“r”,“t”,“y”,“u”,“i”,“o”,“p”,"[","]","\",“a”,“s”,“d”,“f”,“g”,“h”,“j”,“k”,“l”,";","’","\n",“z”,“x”,“c”,“v”,“b”,“n”,“m”,",",".","/","`",“1”,“2”,“3”,“4”,“5”,“6”,“7”,“8”,“9”,“0”,"-","=",“Q”,“W”,“E”,“R”,“T”,“Y”,“U”,“I”,“O”,“P”,"{","}","|",“A”,“S”,“D”,“F”,“G”,“H”,“J”,“K”,“L”,":",""",“Z”,“X”,“C”,“V”,“B”,“N”,“M”,"<",">","?","~","!","@","#","$","%","^","&","*","(",")","_","+"]}],“links”:[]}}}
IT’S BEAUTIFUL!
every character in order in a text list!

1 Like

Yeah it would, but ascii was the example.
I would put all the symbols you plan to use and put them in a list.

Then divide the string of numbers into sections and each section will grab the symbol from the list.

0201030104 or 02 01 03 01 04
Would = “a b c”

1 Like

That just the list, now you need to covert lines of numbers into lines of sentences.

or I’m lazy so ill have a program do it for me :wink:
the problem is it now takes like 3-4 sec to code it and little take = time to decode it shrug still better than 10+ and using cloud space 95 of the characters I’m still missing like 200 but they aren’t on my keyboard so shrug oh and sorry Spanish speakers

1 Like