Sending messages between levels

Is it possible to send messages form an object to different object in different level?

Not really because flowlab can only load one level at a time.

There’s an option in the object’s properties to keep the object between levels. So that means the object doesn’t disappear when you go to another level, maybe that is something useful for you?

Not that I’m aware of, but you can send a message to a GUI object if you set that object options to “stay on all levels” instead of “reset on level restart”, then have that object send the message to the other level object when you are on that level. I have not actually done this before personally, so I’m not sure how it’s done, but possibly another person has. Otherwise I could test it when I get home sometime tonight.

What is it that you are trying to do anyway, out of curiosity? There may be a simpler solution.

Mhx Ar
I am trying to unlock the next level when the first level is done.
Do you think there is a way to do it?
https://ibb.co/fH4RQ6

https://ibb.co/fH4RQ6

Oh yeah, that’s easy. That’s super easy.

GUI object receives message from menu, GUI object checks number (in) sends back to menu object, menu object filters the number and sends messages to the objects that get unlocked for “greater than” numbers

Have beating the levels (+) the GUI object number from a message and go into a save if you want. You can once the save load and go into the number set for the menu too.

the only issue with that is that someone could just beat the same level over and over again to unlock all the other levels

Mhx Ar
Great to hear that :), am not sure how to implement what you said exactly on my game … haha
but am sure I can do it …
Thanks

Latif3
Thanks man

Mhx Ar
That’s bad, maybe I should lock the first level when level 2 is unlock!!!

Just kidding :slight_smile:

Mhx Ar
what if I made multiple (Hidden) GUI objects and each one is responsible of unlocking one level only?
is it doable?

It’s easier to do than explain. Every level just makes the filter bigger so smaller number levels won’t pass and unlock the next one

You guys could just use save behaviour

Mhx Ar
message and mailbox dose not work between levels unless its GUI objects (as you said),
I’ve been trying the filtering thing but its not working because it must involve some game objects :frowning:
I could make these “objects between levels” for this to work but it dose not make sense as a game !!

Oh sorry, I spent all day yesterday with family. I only had a small amount of time to make a holiday game. I’ll try to make an example for this tomorrow.

Alright, I have about 10 minutes of free time before my brain is fried. I only slept 0-4 hours every day this week. Let’s see how fast I can make that next level unlock example.

Oh, I’ll post it here and in another topic.

There you go.
http://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/5498/unlocking-the-next-level-after-beating-one

Mhx Ar
This is great and very smart!!
I’ll try it on the game and when am done I will let you see how it looks,
Thank you so much :slight_smile: