Serious Audio crash

Annnother bug, this time with the audio.

I input 1 to the start input on a music block and nothing happens.

Also, the music keeps playing in the editor, just 0 vol, then it goes back to 100 vol in-game.

-Ember.Y

1 Like

Does the rest of the game (or your computer) lag when this happens? If so, this might be a loading problem on your end, which could be why the sound behaviors aren’t loading properly.

1 Like

Nope, the game runs fine, it’s just the audio.

1 Like

Okay. Well, on the Discord yesterday some people were talking [to grazer] about a bug where code just simply does not work for whatever reason. JR01 said that one can get around this by refreshing the page.

1 Like

I refreshed it multiple times.

1 Like

It’s a decently rare thing, and it doesn’t sound like the same. The issue talked about on the discord is that a once or always wouldn’t output, but there was no problem receiving an inputted signal (for me at least)

3 Likes

I had this problem a buncha times.

2 Likes

Same thing happens all the time for me. I ussually use a timer to start it, or make a clickable object or key that starts/stops the sound

2 Likes

Oh that reminds me, some browsers require a click before the sound is played, so maybe that is causing the issue

3 Likes

Yeah to get around this I just always make sure to leave a clickable empty area that does nothing but allow the browser to play the sound. Sometimes I even click during the loading screen and the sound works right away after the game loads.

1 Like