Simple Dodge Example

I heard @paisleypug wanted a dodge example to exist so here it is!

When you dodge you stop moving due to me using the Enable behavior.

If you wanted to still be able to move while dodging that would be a little more complicated (unless you already use position) so I just made a simple example for a stationary dodge.

6 Likes

This could be good for games like alone knight’s game!

1 Like

I wish I could make a example so help people but um im kinda dumb…

1 Like

Don’t say your dumb everyone learns at their own speed, we were all in your shoes once so chin up and maybe you can be better than the geniuses on flowlab. pixil-frame-0 (1)

3 Likes

Thanks I guess for the motivatal speech! I guess learning is only the best way!

1 Like

No, i didn’t i made one myself with no help

When i made that comment i actually had finished the dodge in my game lol

And it’s way more complicated, so i think i’l make my own example

If anyone wants to make a dodge roll or like a dash dodge,
I would suggest putting a switch in front of your collisions instead of using the disable block.

3 Likes

Yea, that’s what i did for my dodge

I know you finished it, but you said it took you a while so I made one in case anyone else needed one. If a stationary dodge is required my example allows you to set the duration of the dodge (in the frames) and the delay between when you can dodge again, so it seems like it could be useful. Also a side note, the projectile goes through the player, which is not something that can be done by turning off collisions

For a dash dodge, turning off collisions instead of the disable block is a much better way of doing collisions, but I didn’t do that because using a single switch to turn taking damage off doesn’t seem like an example. I feel most people would understand that the collision makes them take damage, so using a switch to turn it off would give the effect of a dodge.

1 Like

Is it possible to make a rolling with the same effect?

2 Likes

Doing the thing JR and I said will work for both a roll, dash, or anything really. The only thing to note about using a switch to turn off collisions is that projectiles will not move through the player (The player is still solid like normal)

2 Likes

Ok thats great to hear

1 Like