Simulating the Accelerometer With Hypersensitive Touch Zone Theory

FlowLab does not currently support the accelerometer for mobile option on Indie. My theory is to find a way to make a hypersensitive touch zone on a game. Essentially it would be so sensitive that even touching the outside of your screen would detect motion. If I could find some way of accomplishing something like this I might just be able to simulate the accelerometer without even using that sensor.

I have no clue what half of that even means.

The only way to interact in a flowlab game is either mouse movement/clicking, or keyboard input. So, I’m not sure what you mean by hypersensitive since I don’t think you can actually detect anything past a mouse click/screen tap.

I don’t think flowlab can detect mouse clicking/tapping outside of the game window. Even if you have a cursor, it won’t even go off the screen, it just stays put where the mouse’s X and Y position were last recorded.

Although this has been a requested feature before and I know there were plans for new mobile inputs, but I can’t say for sure if this is guaranteed or not.

2 Likes