Small update

https://flowlab.io/game/play/709157 here you go

@nkbulider I’m not sure what your collision problem is, but I do like your game. As far as effort and gameplay go, I can tell that if you stick around flowlab for a few years like some of us have, you could have a lot of potential for making games. All of your graphics look like they were made in the flowlab drawing tool, which is great, because most people just upload images from the internet. The controls are a bit buggy, and I can’t seem to move super sonic, but concept and level design are far better than I’ve seen from other attempts at sonic games in the past. Here’s a tip, if you want hills. You currently have stairs of full size squares. Make some blocks that are half size stairs, and see if your player slides over them. If they do, then they will slide over a half square, full square, half on a full, and full on a full square, so you made longer but less high stairs, like this:

I created a new object, set the friction to 0, set the shape to circle, stacked them as half stairs in the game. The image I browsed for the grass block and used the [+] tool to drag the grass down, so the top half was air. This made the block shorter, and being rounded with no friction, you can slide up it like hills.

bug

If you haven’t already, have a topic in the forums for the controls and updates to your game. Stick around, you learn a lot the longer you use flowlab. There’s tons of stuff I never could have done back when I joined.

dang

Thanks @Mhx Ar

Hey grazer do you think that you could come out with a Little bit more of a Sonic engine base for flowlab?

Sonic engine how? Flowlab is just coding without typing. The run and jump bundle is basic Mario controls. A sonic engine uses hills and wall running, which are things you need to code yourself. There’s no special bundle or anything set up for sonic games, because nobody is making a sonic game, since it would violate copyright to try to sell it on the app store. Flowlab is like RPG maker/Super Mario Maker, but what you do with it is up to you.

The best thing grazer could do is maybe make triangle shaped objects, which would greatly help me not have to make a workaround system for hills.

That is what I mean sorry

actually u can do much more than RPG games and simillar to super mario…
i mean almost everything is possible
you can do whatever you imagine
but you need to train and think and do it.

I started learning flowlab doing a lot of concepts like (not a normal complete game):
how to do a ball
how to make a puzzle game
Enemys
Another enemy
follow
look at mouse
etc…
do a lot of things then
you can do much more now that you understand all behaviours

It’s just a matter of time and training

yah no joke

hey im trying to make an rpg but my character can only fire attack in one direction but I want to make the attack go in the direction my character is going in