So.... Uh, we did it again

I’m using a Chromebook

1 Like

I recommend using a different device, even a phone, as I said earlier. At least for my team and I, it does not lag on medium to high end devices.

1 Like

I have a Windows 11 laptop, the Lenovo Ideapad 3. It still lags a bit.

1 Like

@John_Shrekinson Ideapads are extremely similar to Chromebook specs, sorry for this issue though. Our first pajor patch will be lag reduction.

2 Likes

Poggers

3 Likes

BUT I’M ON A CHROMEBOOK.

There’s a bug where the key keeps getting stuck. It’s at the area where you shoot for the thing to fall down

2 Likes

This game is pure pain on mobile (In a good way, kinda). Can you make it so that if you click on one of the people you change the controls only to them? So the movement is on the left and the jump is on the right. The spinning platforms feel impossible otherwise for the Tucan. (A button to switch controls would probably be better, so if one or both are no longer on the screen you can still switch).

3 Likes

Hey @meburningslime - I took a look, and really like this game from the little bit of time I’ve had to play it so far :slight_smile:

When I opened up the performance metrics, it was clear that Raycasts are the thing taking the most time in your game.

I searched for “raycast” in your object library, and saw a bunch of objects that are activating multiple raycasts every frame. If every one of those raycasts are needed, maybe it makes sense to turn them off when not on screen? Also possibly activating them on a timer instead of every single frame might help as well.

8 Likes

Okay everybody, I figured out the problem. The second my team and I have a spare moment, we’ll release the hotfix!

@grazer, thank you for your help! I just realized why the raycasts are there and can fix them soon.

6 Likes

Well, that was easier than expected!

update 1.1
• Lag fixed for the majority of low-end devices!
•Achievements 1 & 2 are unlocked, along with their corresponding video unlocks.
•Video settings added into settings page

5 Likes

I found another lag source, I was able to reduce it by quite a bit using the ‘In View’ behavior.

3 Likes
  • Notify me of updates! (e.g. new achievements, easter eggs, etc.)
  • Notify me of major updates only. (Online mode, releases, tournaments, etc.)
  • Do not notify me.

0 voters

4 Likes

You probably should have added show who voted, so you know which user voted what.

5 Likes
  • Notify me of updates! (e.g. new achievements, easter eggs, etc.)
  • Notify me of major updates only. (Online mode, releases, tournaments, etc.)
  • Do not notify me.

0 voters

3 Likes

Oops, yeah my brain isn’t working. Sorry about that :joy:

4 Likes