Sound bug for mobile

I think I have seen others post similar issues about this, but I was working on my flowjam game and I want to make it mobile compatible to help for the theme, but all of the sound that’s on the game won’t even load in for mobile devices. It even was like that on my tablet, but I think I was still able to listen to them through the editor, but playing the actually game wouldn’t play any sound.

1 Like

Can you shoot me a link via DM if you don’t want to make it public yet? Also let me know what kind of device you’re testing on.

2 Likes

I also don’t use any voice

Is it ALL sound or just the “first” sound (especially if it’s a large file). I’ve had issues on mobile where the first sound file seems to not load all the way and then doesn’t play when the game starts. Subsequent sounds work though. I’ve worked around this by having a “click here to start” button that requires player input to start - giving the game a little extra time before starting the soundtrack music.

2 Likes

No it seems to be all sound. Like I can’t hear anything at all. I’ve tried plugging in headphones, turning my silent mode off, nothing seems to work.

I believe @CrimsonBlackGames is trying to use the internet on a mobile device, and I’ve had the same issue using my phone to test games. Sounds doesn’t play at all and the games act real slow, but I assume once it’s uploaded as an app, it will work… but don’t quote me on that.

2 Likes

I know adding sound to game and playing it on mobile causes it to slow down. Back before the performance update grazer put out, I would test my Ball Bounce game on my phone, still no sound, but by the time I got like my fifth ball the frames drastically dropped. Thank goodness it’s fixed now or else none of my games would have ever worked, lol.

1 Like