Sound Files Not Playing

Is anyone else having an issue with sound files not playing? I’m trying to select certain sounds for my game and some of the files will not play sample…

3 Likes

It should be fixed upon a page reload - I’ve encountered the problem through playing a large portion of sounds in the selector in a short period of time.

3 Likes

Wow, that worked. Thanks.

3 Likes

What browngr said works, but adding on to that-

I only encounter the issue on my iMac, but no other device.

2 Likes

Mac has a large amount of issues with sound. For example - if you put too much strain on your browser, the computer will completely stop playing sound through headphones as a whole, and may not be fixed until one, two, or sometimes even three or more restarts.

My advice: Don’t buy a mac

2 Likes

It’s a 2 year old iMac that was never used and my dad got it for $200 off of his friend from work LOL

1 Like

“Old” topic, I know… but I’m now experiencing the same issue. Probably because I have like a million different sounds and animations going on in my game, I’ve clearly broken something as half the sounds no longer play. Might just be on the user end since I’m on an older PC (not a Mac). But after a few playthroughs of testing, eventually all of my sounds stop working.

I’ve been trying to eliminate some of them and space them apart better, thinking I might have some kind of “audio infinite loop” going on behind the scenes, but it only started doing this after I added more levels with mostly visual stuff. The game was easily able to handle 100 sounds and 100 animations (nearly simultaneously), now that I have 150 animations, it seems like it’s only “remembering” 50 of the sounds.

Is this a Flowlab limitation, or a hardware (not enough RAM maybe) limitation on my end?

1 Like