Starblast: Retro Wars on Steam

No pay him a 19 dollar Fortnite card

1 Like

he does like fortnite

2 Likes

they are just making a “joke” despite the fact that no one thinks it’s funny, i’d just ignore them

A battle pass, like in many modern video games.

:nerd_face:

1 Like

A battle pass is such an overused and unoriginal concept for those many modern games.

They’re better for multiplayer since you can gain some sort of token just for playing then unlock new tiers with new items or skins.
Most games on here are single player so it would be kind of a waste to grind all 30 some tiers of a battle pass and nothing to show for it.

I honestly think a battle pass would ultimately lower the games quality. Only because so many games have pushed it too far and now the idea of a battle pass is boring.

6 Likes

This is why we need innovators to reinvent the battle pass and create the best one ever.

1 Like

the battlepass itself is solely made to addict you, they are not good things, they are simply made to gain money, look at chocobo gp a fairly decent racing game that has been bogged down by locking things behind a battlepass

4 Likes

also if a battlepass in a singleplayer game would give gameplay rewards like a better sword or something, that’s not a battlepass, that’s an Alabaman skill tree (or a standard progression system if there’s no skill tree like ui)

4 Likes

Plus adding a battle pass for singleplayer is like a shop but you spend money IRL.

So you might as well just make a shop instead.

2 Likes

Ok I see now

2 Likes

I think the big issue with me running a shop is that I don’t want to have any potential balancing issues that aren’t related to skill. Anything I would want to sell is new gamemodes. Which is exactly why I’m on steam.

2 Likes

I feel like you could work on the gui font looks a little unlike the style of the games and also your pixel consistency, other than that looks like a fun game.

3 Likes

Also flowlab.io gives you the ability to export to multiple platforms. So I would also publish it to work with apple as well since you’ll make more money that way, just a suggestion though. Don’t know why you wouldn’t do it unless you ran into to problems or another reason.

2 Likes

Yay! skill based gaming!! Mad respect

1 Like

Apple itself is the hurdle, not exporting.

1 Like

well that’s just dlc

2 Likes

3 Likes

Another thing when releasing apps onto the app store is to be careful of their terms and descriptions because sometimes they might claim your app.

I know a YouTuber (Tekkitrealm), and he made an app to sell his merch during his early days of YT, and when he released it on the app store, apple somehow claimed rights to the app and to his brand + merch. And he had to get a lawyer to figure out what to do.

So just be careful on what you release your game on.

3 Likes