Starting a story mode for FB.IO 2

Nvm, I just redid them all

btw He COULDN’T surpass sonic the hedgehog but i like the idea

Ummm… that was a joke :slight_smile:

What’s new:
-A new save system
-Story progression, after the boss
-New level, with lightning sort of like the graveyard’s, but:

The interface is completely black until lightning strikes.
Lightning only appears when the character is close. It will then give off a warning sound, then flash on, damaging the player if he collides (so don’t), and illuminating the map for a short while. There will be various lightning flashes to guide and harm you, so don’t wait around in one spot to wait for the light to come (it won’t work).
There are a LOT of health boxes in the course, but it might not be enough, depending on your reactions and precision.
There are rolling mace balls that you have to jump over. Hitting it will damage you, but will destroy the mace ball as well.
There will be a barrage of bombs at the end, it’s the hardest part yet! Get out of there as quick as possible- without touching the lightning.
????(58)
*I wonder why it started as a peaceful game then turned into a really dark one

http://flowlab.io/game/play/484707
Please play the game (or just the parts you haven’t played yet), especially the last level :smiley:

Hey @Luminous - nice work, but I just played it and have some feedback / questions:

1. I can jump outside of the title screen - I tend to jump around a lot, and sometimes just jump right out of the game before I touch a door

2. In story mode, I can’t get past the drone level - is that the end of story mode? Is the level above with the lightning part of story mode?

There’s a timer in the top left corner that tells you how long you have to survive. After 2m and 40 seconds, a stairway to a door will appear close to the right and drones will no longer spawn.
I fixed the title screen :slight_smile:

The game is evolving in a awesome way! Good work

Some things I noticed:

• If the ice spawns above me (when the boss smashes the ground)… it flys
  • When I finish the Boss Battle the screenshake continues and the enemy wave (i killed him when he was dropping that spike balls).

Something I recommend (just my stupid opinion or ideas):

• The fireball shouldn’t have a Fire ability?
  • The lightnings shouldn’t spawn behind and in front of you randomly… I mean if that happens I have nowhere to go… The Lightning could spawn always in the same direction. That way when the player listens to the sound he will stop moving or moving backwards

Ok, I’ll try to fix the ice flying bug, and when the boss dies the attack he was performing will still finish, but he won’t spawn any further. I didn’t even notice the screen shake

I was gonna make a powerful fire attack for the fireball, but that won’t happen until the semi-boss of scene 2.
The lightning also only spawns in front of you. If you’re just running by quickly, you’ll hit it before it goes off.

Alrighty

Pretty good scenario. Also, just to let you know-In story mode, if you loose all of your life, you don’t restart. You just stay, and you can continue playing.

I already mentioned that I haven’t implemented that due to testing purposes, but thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

I’m making yet another new stage for scene 2:
????(60)
Zombies! And with a concept I’ve been thinking of for days.
-You’re trapped in the dungeon, and the only way of getting out is finding the key to unlock the door.
The key is in the far left side, and the door is on the far right side. You start in the middle (not the door).
Try to get the key while avoiding the zombies, and make your way safely over to the door.
But it’s easier said than done. There are TONS of zombies in there, and it requires skill to jump over them… and they can bite! If you’re in front of them, they’ll try to bite you, which takes a bit of your life- and may transmit a disease on you. If you get the disease, you have to rush to the middle and poke yourself with the needle before it’s too late. Level is a WIP

????(62)

(There’s a lot of dialogue in this level.)

Can fireballs catch diseases!?

How you don’t know that @CrimsonBlackGames ? Obviously they can.

But yeah the idea is good

It’s a game. Cheerios can fly for all I care.

Meet the game that throws logic out the window, and replaces it with gameplay

I would like to see Flying Cheerios ahhah

Yeah, screw logic! Fireballs with different elements can talk, move around willingly, and spawn infinite attacks. :smile:

I’ve been thinking of him like a cute little character, not an immobile dust of nature. Idk why he’s a fireball tho. Just was the first thing that popped into my head when making my very first game.

Give him eyes like Kirby, but no mouth, and no arms or legs…
Make him animated too- that would make the game a lot better