Starting/Ending Animation Frames

Hi guys,

Okay so I’m completely new to this and am really struggling with something. I am trying to make a Binding of Isaac style game and for the life of me I can’t work out how to end an animation on a specific frame and for that frame to then be the default until another input is pressed.

Basically, what I am trying to do at the moment is have my avatar (a fine looking arrow) point upwards when I press up and stay facing up. I do not want it to rotate, I want it to be immediate.

I created an animation of just two frames (arrow moves from right position to up position), but when I try to implement it the animation just loops.

Can somebody please help me here? Perhaps it’s not an animation issue and there is another way to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://flowlab.io/game/view/234738

Cheers
Rob

P.S. If there is another way of doing this, please be aware that I want the projectile to always be in the direction the arrow is facing (I have achieved this for LEFT/RIGHT).

just make two animations

Can you be a little more specific please? How does making two animations help me?

well i think this will work make one animation that lasts from where the start of your normal when and then to where u wanted it to start. and then make the other animation of the rest.
ao pretty much u had one animation that u wanted to stop in the middle but just make two animations

Well if you want make a seperate object with no sprite, and attach it to your character using the attach node. Then have IT launch the projectile. And use the ration to make it easier. Make the object non-solid. keep this a secret but that’s how I made the char from TE2 shoot

EDIT: forgot to mention. For every direction you want it to shoot, use the numbers 0 , 90, 180, and 270 (zero being up)
Use the keys you use to move to trigger the rotation

So in the nutshell you don’t really have to worry about animations unless your character is walking and shooting.

Make the default frame your sprite

its shit