💡 sup3r's design station - a different kind of game feedback

Hello, is this still open?

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

Anything you think could be improved or added for the main game. @sup3r87

4 Likes

Hey! Sorry for not getting back, I forgot about the thread lol.

You can expect a response later tonight :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!
Don’t underestimate how long it takes to beat the game, it’s short but extremely hard. I did a poll on difficulty once and every single person voted 10/10.

6 Likes

GAME 1 Flowlab Game Creator - Snowman Bob
GAME 2 Flowlab Game Creator - IANIS WORLD
GAME 3 Flowlab Game Creator - xDoubl...

3 Likes

Lol, either you forgot or you’re finding out how hard the game is.

4 Likes

I didn’t expect a downloadable game! Nice job putting it on itch.io!

I would recommend adding visual tutorials over objects like closets, switches etc, at least at the start. there is a controls menu, but the keys were forgettable for me and I had to re-open the main menu at some points. (the novavis is an example of this)

Also, volume controls would be a good touch. They shouldnt be hard to implement, and linearly improve the quality of your game.

Best of luck on this project!

3 Likes

I’ll only be doing snowman bob - I guess I should have outlined it somewhere, but I wouldn’t like a bunch of games thrown into the thread at once!
That being said, I played snowman bob and it was a neat game! Reminded me of the graveyard, and I really liked the different kinds of hazards, like the falling snowballs, size changing text etc.

This game could definitely use proximity sounds. basically, the closer the player is to a grinch, the louder the sound will be. This makes the game feel way more immersive, and real. You can do this with other game objects too, like bombs, or santa.

I also think a reload system would work well. Spamming projectiles is something I covered in the space shooters guide, and it applies here too!

3 Likes

Thanks! I have been thinking on adding some more tutorial. How’s the gameplay and lore drop? My goal is challenging, yet rewarding and heart pumping. Also, do you have any ideas for puzzle mechanics I could use? Thank you for the review!

3 Likes

i fix the sound and i add reload system :grinning:
I will do some tests and upload it to GooglePlay
Tks for help

2 Likes

I’m gonna be honest - I was having difficulty hiding (due to not knowing the button), so to save time I skipped to writing a short review. I got killed by that dude, but never exited the first room.

as for puzzles, i’m not sure. scary games are more exploration games, so you can really make whatever you want, whether its a special code, items needing to be placed in the right areas, or some kind of maze. you can do almost anything with this game style.

2 Likes

I have implemented all of your change ideas into the main game, and I’m currently working on figuring out good puzzles. Thanks for the ideas!

3 Likes

since every one thinks my game is complete garbage and is a complete piece of crap

2 Likes

no one said that but ok

4 Likes

more fun please

5 Likes

hey all, I’ve got a busy work day today, so you can expect reviews sometime between tonight and tomorrow afternoon :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Deja vu, weird…

5 Likes

Just finished giving the game a go, neat game you have here! I’m a fan of the animations (and no, it is not a piece of garbage by any means).

This game could really use some more advanced hazards. The rocks being the only threat gets boring after a bit. You can add gameplay depth by adding more kinds of hazards, like slowly moving rocks, bridges over lakes, etc.

You should also work on a death animation. Sometimes the player doesn’t realize what killed them. Keeping a death animation on the screen helps pinpoint where the player died, and also makes it feel fresh.

4 Likes

Planning on redoing boss 2 and final boss is not done yet, but i’d love some feedback on it’s current state

3 Likes