šŸ’” sup3r's design station - a different kind of game feedback

I played this during the flowjam ratings, along with all the others! It was nice to see a submission from you.

Top priority thing I can see is to balance and redesign levels. In the first bone level, you need to do a really precise jump to get inside the ā€œmouthā€ of the bone structure, otherwise you fall onto bones that you canā€™t get off of. The level design is definitely in need of a remap; make the earlier levels easier, and the further more advanced ones more difficult.

I would also recommend creating a sort of ā€œbounceā€ when the character jumps by using easing to adjust the X and Y size. think of galacdrive when the player fires a bullet. doing this squash motion makes the game feel more alive and fun to play.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions and review! Iā€™ll add the map redesign later, as Iā€™m in school rn. But the bounce is bouncinā€™ right now!

1 Like

I made changes to the physics of the objects, now the surrounding objects are influenced by the blasts. And some graphic changes. I think itā€™s more playable now :grinning:

4 Likes

uh @DarkStar_Studios in your game my score was 183 but it did not put me on the leader boardā€¦

2 Likes

you might not have been logged in

3 Likes

nvm i did save as soon as i logged in :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m looking at TWO bugs in that screenshot!

2 Likes

The game is very different from when I played it before.

I can barely move an inch with every ship and the laser only travel for about 2 ship lengths. Is this how the game is intended to be?

It works fine in the workshop level, so just making sure you know about this in endless mode.

Change your difficulty.

1 Like

Is this review topic still going?

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

runs out of my house swinging my cane

HEY!! You kids get off my lawn!! Meddling kids!! Review requests only!!!

7 Likes

Ok then I might submit CT3 to be reviewed in a bit lol (that genuinely almost made me laugh out loud)

2 Likes

I should mention: Iā€™ve been on a weeklong vacation since last saturday, and will not be available for a good few more days

6 Likes

@DarkStar_Studios also i really like how the game is coming along its really fun :star_struck:
(i got my 183 score on my third try)

4 Likes

Iā€™ll just put this here, review it whenever you have time!

2 Likes

flex your score

1 Like

mine

1 Like

this is a review forum, meant for the person who made the forum to write an in-depth review/constructive criticism on your game

donā€™t post something that isnā€™t a full game, unless you really want sup3r to write a paragraph on how to improve it

3 Likes

ok ok

1 Like