Survival Nightmare

I’ll need music for sure… I’ll do that next time

Why not do all of those? Why vote for things, when those are all good ideas? Just make a checklist.

okay. But it’s gonna take a whole lot of time, and school’s in a WEEK

Not all projects get finished. All that matters is that you tried, and learned from your experiences, so you can use that to create better games in the future.

thanks @“Mhx Ar” Ill try my best

Update: CRAZY FACE- it’s… crazy, I’ll tell you that.
Each level has its own “Intelligent enemy”, which means the enemy knows where you are.

Lv1, it’s the spider, but it’s considerably slower than the player and are not always so accurate.
Lv2, it’s Player Bomber. It’s quite a bit more accurate, has the exact same speed as the player, and can even pass through walls. It explodes in around 5 seconds after awakening.
Lv3, Crazy Face…it can’t pass through walls, but it’s extremely accurate and faster than the player by two notches. It’s also slightly creepier than the other two.

STORY DELETED

Oh yeah, try level 3 with the fnaf sister location trailer music on. I kinda liked it and without the whispering of the baby it could be a background music.

The only way I can think of making enemies vibrate, is by making it an animation that goes one pixel to the side, and back, then loop really fast. Any actual shaking with movement or flip, will make it for difficult for enemies to chase you properly.

Hold on, the tape guy is the one dudes dad, and the main character is the cousin to the guy and dad?

If he were the guys cousin, his parent would be that dad’s brother’s/sister’s kid. For him to be the dad’s cousin, he would have to be the son of the dad’s parent’s sibling.

For the main character to be the cousin to the dad and guy, the dad would have to have a sister, and the dad’s dad would have to get her pregnant, and the main character would be the son. Since the main character is the guy’s aunt’s kid, he is his cousin, but for him to also be the dad’s cousin, the dad’s sister would have to be a cousin, so then the guy’s dad’s parents would have to be brother and sister.

That’s wild, dude. Are you sure you want to keep that in your story?

thats kinda messed up

jst the ?s then. ill edit it now

or… yeah. screw that idea ill just not do a storyline xD

UPDATE: level3s tape guy changed. Instead of hyperspace hole having the same death scene it makes the player spin uncontrollably.

crazy face has a sleeping, waking and chasing animation. does anyone know how to make things vibrate without having parts of the sprites body coming off? any good examples will be apprreciated

For the 4th level of Survival Nightmare, I want things to be a different… I really am tired of making the same old mazes over and over again.
So the player spawns in a dim laboratory and finds out that the tape guy is dead. He gets 60 seconds of wandering around, looking for the emergency exit without having many enemies to block his path. After 60 seconds, an alarm starts blaring, alerting the overtakers. The player must quickly turn off his lantern to hide himself, and he has to avoid the flashlight beams to stop them from seeing him. After a few moments, they will go away, leaving the player with some more time to search and explore. After some more time, the process repeats.

What do you think?

Sounds good, I’d like to see how that works.

@grazer or @“Mhx Ar”
I have two players, Player and Lab Player. The player shows up in level 1, 2, and 3, but it is quite noticeably slower than the Lab player, who shows up in level 4 and 5. Both of them have basically the same logic with the same speed, is it because it’s lagging or is it just a bug?
(In my Super Smash Bros game, player 2 jumps way higher and runs way faster than player 1, for some reason. But I think in Survival Nightmare it’s lagging.)

Update: laboratory on level 4. The design took me a ton of time
You’ll spawn in the work area 1, where you’ll see a whole lot of giant tables and computers. The player is also different, and he holds a flashlight instead of a lantern. There are floor tiles and computers for decorations. The lv4 tape guy is finished.

There will be a whole lot of dead men scattered across the ground. There are two types: normal dead men and diseased dead men. Nothing happens if you touch the normal dead men, but diseased ones carry their diseases over to your player, killing him at an amount of time unless he finds antidotes scattered across the places. They both look the same, so better try to avoid all of them.

Opinions (for the design)?

I did it!! After 45 seconds the screen goes dark and overtakers come out to try and kill you for 20 seconds. To test it, wander for a bit until the alarm blares.
The thing is, that it lags considerably when the alarm blares…

what do you think of it?

how do I make the process repeat, though? I used reset… IDK how… pls help