T+L Homepage! (15 chars)

Still working out all the kinks, but here is a beta of our new webpage!
https://tandlstudios.webflow.io/

Whatā€™s the point of using a website to make a website if the website you make with it looks like it was made solely with html?

1 Like

Like I said, Iā€™m still working out the kinks. Iā€™m new to this specific website, and am using a blank slate rather than a template. It will look better in the future, I can promise you that. :slight_smile:

Cool! I know youā€™re still working out the kinks and all, so I wonā€™t judge the aesthetics or anything until itā€™s finishedā€¦

My question is: what is the purpose - ā€œmission statementā€ or whatever, of T+L Studios? Making games? Selling games? Teaching people how to make games? I have a long term plan of making my own website for my own one person Indie game developer team, but Iā€™m certainly open to collaborative projects with other designers as wellā€¦

I know, I know, I have yet to prove my potential here, so feel free to ignore me right now. But I have a current demo project that is about 75% done and I think itā€™s fairly decent. Certainly not up to the quality of the best games that others here have produced, but Iā€™m still learning and working with free version. I will get better as time goes on. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We make games :sunglasses:
Nah man itā€™s okay if you admit that the graphics are crap. Itā€™s kinda hard to do it in this specific software.

1 Like

Why are you just using HTML? Your profile says youā€™re good at it and JavaScriptā€¦

1 Like

You make games for fun, or for profit? Or both?

(Iā€™m personally looking to do both)

ADDITIONAL: I guess what Iā€™m asking isā€¦ the page is open for requests to be part of the crew. Is that just to make games for educational purposes? Or does your crew intend to sell games and share the profits? Iā€™m just making free games myself right now, but my long term goal is to sell some.

Not for tons of money, Iā€™m not making Skyrim or Call of Duty or anything like thatā€¦ Iā€™m thinking ā€œdollarā€ games. Or even just something like free games with ads, or ā€œdonationwareā€ type stuff.

1 Like

Iā€™m not using HTML. Iā€™m using a site called WebFlow, it just uses a very HTML based formatā€¦

1 Like

But if you know how to use HTML, then use it, from scratch is better

1 Like

Just to make any kind of games.

2 Likes

For the record, Iā€™m not officially requesting to be a part of anything yet, Iā€™m just keeping options open and wanting to connect with other experienced coders / developers here. If say T+L Studios creates a website and hosts games, and I create a website with my own studio name hosting my own games, we could share links to each otherā€™s games to increase page views for bothā€¦ mutually beneficial situation.

Long term, of course. Iā€™ll have to upgrade to Indie, and make a dozen or so games first, before I can call myself a ā€œstudioā€. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Or get studio, lol.

I donā€™t actually know how to codeā€¦ :laughing:

Iā€™m a poser, using Flowlab to make games because without it, the best I could do is print out board games and card games. I can draw a sprite in MS Paint, but I donā€™t have the foggiest clue how to make it move with keyboard commands, or how to tell it that itā€™s supposed to take damage when colliding with another sprite, etc. Flowlab is the only reason Iā€™m able to make sprites do things. And Iā€™m loving it. :grin:

Outside of this website, the most complicated thing Iā€™m qualified to do is operate heavy machinery. And I donā€™t think that particular skill would be of much use to a game development company. Unless they had a huge warehouse full of game cartridges and needed someone to operate a forklift to load them onto trucksā€¦ itā€™s my understanding that games arenā€™t transported that way anymore, people mostly just download them from the internet. :crazy_face:

3 Likes