Taile Gamougg 1 Devlog (remake)

Yea you have to dash over that (bound to SHIFT)

Am I allowed to drop a review here?

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to play this game ASAP!

2 Likes

Sorry about that, I tried to make the level 1 obstacle simpler. There is a controls page on the main menu. I also put a bone arrow pointing downward that is intended to guide the player to go downwards. As nhgcr already said, there is a dash function that is explained in the first paragraph of the controls page.

Yeah sure, you can definitely leave a review! Iā€™d like to gather everyoneā€™s thoughts and implement every suggestion and/or change before I take a break from Flowlab for a while.

The giant block below the level is a kill boundary called The Block of Death, and it has a Duolingo meme phrase in Spanish written on it. This object is invisible during gameplay. You are supposed to jump over the lava in the pumpkin bucket structure btw. I hope everyone enjoys the game and that it isnā€™t too confusing; please let me know if it is.

2 Likes

so all of the helmet skins are gone, so Iā€™m gonna redraw them all because I forgot the day I sent the Discord message asking grazer to restore a previous version of the game so I could get the sprites back. Main helmet was gone too. Sorry

THANK GOD THE JIGGLER HELMET SURVIVED

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna make flowlab user helmets too, let me know if you want or donā€™t want one. Right now Iā€™ll only make the ones of people that want to be pinged for updates, unless they say no. Character and user helmets will be separate sets. Each set only has 9 slots but I can add more if you like (or need). Some things like the GALACDRIVE ship or Hong Joonā€™s penguin avatar might not be too recognizable or something or possible to make as a helmet per se, so they would be more like an accessory item on top of the playerā€™s head (like the little bots you can put on your characterā€™s head in Angry Birds Transformers), but theyā€™d still function the same and just look like an accessory instead of a helmet or mask like the others.

Characters currently: GALACDRIVE ship, Cobalt the cube, and the Jiggler from Gods of Five.

pings: @hi4250five @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @paisleypug

User helmets (based on profile picture):

Summary

This time I backed up the sprites in case I lose them again, so hopefully it wonā€™t happen :slightly_smiling_face:. Press 3 to use user helmets!

Also hereā€™s the poll to sign up for pings:

Updates 11/8/23

Everything is complete except for one thing: the final boss programming/testing.

Other updates:

• Last level completed (including castle)
  • All level dialogue is written
  • All menus completed
  • All weapons, enemies, projectiles, and controls completed
  • I think I added a few more banners
  • Finished helmet skin set 1 & 2, Flowlab users, started set 3, and continued Flowlab characters (includes Morton the Monkey)
  • Shortened and sweetened attack animation

Reminder:
This game does have player animations, specifically for moving, jumping, and attacking.

Pings: @paisleypug @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @hi4250five

Why did I reply this

Coincidentally I would end up rewatching this film about 2 months after that post was made lol

The Plan:
1. Finish final boss and two extra levels pro
2. Polish
3. Review
4. Update and fix based on reviews
5. Version lock
6. Post & notify users

I think the reason why Taile Gamougg Ligma and Emerald Warrior were the best ones is because they were my most unique and original ideas

All @extrez based sprites will be removed ASAP. :skull: :man_astronaut: :+1:

So the game will look different, and arguably worse, but Iā€™m okay with that :grin:. I can and will draw more now XD. Also, I have a sort of secret [Gamougg] project in the works, but I donā€™t know if I can finish that beforeā€¦ ummā€¦ the best thing ever to happen happens.

gonna use this later
alt text

Updates 12/5/2023

Hi everyone! I hope this update finds you well. I just made the game [Taile Gamougg 1] is unlisted right now.

After some finishing touches on this game and maybe a single example, I plan on either taking a break or totally retiring from gamedev to focus on my academics (school stuff) and my YouTube channel. Iā€™ll most likely still be around in the community though, just to help people in Help Requests and play games and give reviews and stuff.

I also recently recovered from a brief illness and got back to proper gamedev today :muscle: :smile:.

Alright, now onto the update. This updateā€™s biggest thing is the new Artisan feature. Right now itā€™s pretty simple: you can just draw lines. But later today I plan to add camera zoom, camera movement (already done), a background, objectives/challenges (maybe) and more. I also did these small changes:

• Started one of the bonus levels
  • Removed some extra menu buttons
  • Mech controls, movement, and combat upgrades/additions + balance changes (literally) & new mech weapon(s)
  • new art
1 Like

Sorry I forgot ping again. Gotta start rememberin to do that. Anyhoo hereā€™s a GIF (sped up obviously
ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1)
@hi4250five @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @paisleypug

1 Like

if yā€™all want a GIF of the mech, let me know :grin: :robot:

After like an hour of coding and making a color changing system, I made this:

I also added a background :skull:. You can now play this gamemode by clicking the pencil icon on the main menu.

• Both the artisan background and grid (both of which are in the background layer) can be toggled on, off, or low alpha/low visibility.

• You can change the colors by pressing spacebar to cycle through them.

• The grid and background can be toggled either separately or together; the grid settings toggle by pressing Z and the background by pressing X.

• This whole game mode was made with Galactianā€™s Draw a Line Example :milky_way: :alien:

1 Like

I just sketched an eye!
Share your drawings below if you want

more GIF
Taile Gamougg 1 remake (TG1R) Automatic TV - Made with Flowlab animation

Did I also mention the new dark mode game page theme