The ability to precisely draw where the cameras autoscroll can go

This would be useful if, for example you were making a metroidvania or zeldalike game and wanted some rooms to have a dungeon camera and some rooms to have a free camera, or maybe you were making a platformer and wanted precise control over where the camera can move, my idea for how this could be implemented is by having a button in the camera behavior which when clicked on would enter you into a camera drawing mode where you’d draw the areas where the camera can go

2 Likes

yeah i’ve wanted this before

2 Likes

you could do this with blocks that change the camera and to a dungeon cam then after you clear the dungeon it switches it back…

1 Like

no, not really, for example if you want the camera to not scroll outside the room then you can’t do that

no you can just turn off auto scroll and have many calculations to move the camera to where you want it…

well that could work, but that is definitely not an efficient way to go about it

Sometimes the things you want to do are very efficient, like for me that inventory system I made isn’t very efficient but it’s something I can understand.

and also it would be extremely hard to do

I’m currently working on a super simple version…

If you want something like old zelda, then try this bundle that I made in the controller example:

1 Like

What you’re asking for can already be done with a little bit of knowledge. JR already sent the example for the Zelda room thing, one thing you should remember is that a lot of bundles can be adjusted mid-game.

But, a “drawing” area for the camera to see would be interesting

1 Like

This isn’t what i was taking about, my idea was that you could basically have both scrolling rooms and dungeon camera rooms at the same time easily

1 Like

This can already be done with that bundle, I can make an example if you want.

1 Like

Oh yeah please, i’d be very thankful

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m sorry but this isn’t what i’m thinking

I’m just gonna delete this disaster of a post

No need to delete it, it’s still a really interesting thing that would make things easier. This would still be pretty useful for many users and would probably improve the quality of a lot of games because having to code it isn’t the easiest thing so I haven’t actually seen anyone do this. So it would basically make the example Mhx_Air had a built-in feature

3 Likes

I think this is more like the idea of drawing camera auto scrolls that you originally intended:
Camera+ Example - JR01

2 Likes

Omg this is even better, amazing job!

2 Likes