The Bomb Prototype 🎱

Hi,
a prototype made in about 2 days whilen i was playing around with a
“donut dungeon” type of game for the game jam i found a pretty unique mechanic and decided to drop donut dungeon for this. What do you think should i make a full game out of this or is it slowing down the gameplay too much? :slight_smile:
Feedback appreciated!
Controls: f fullscreen, Arrow keys, Kill enemies with the explotion, Dont touch the enemies yourself
note: Animations and enemy models are not final, level sprites mostly are
Edit: Music is not final just took mit from escape the rewind lol, i know it’s a free to use track just wanted to let u guys know. :bomb: :bomb:

8 Likes

great game! can get very hard at times though

3 Likes

its fun, challenging and unique. you should totally continue working on this!

2 Likes

thank you!
i just added an epic opening countdown :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my favorite games in every aspect. Just beat it.

3 Likes

This game is the bomb, if you know what I mean

By the way John, you're out of touch.

4 Likes

I have to say its a really good start with a nice concept, I do have to say i am not fond of the AI currently tho, feel to basic and non threatening. Everything else seems great especially with the limited time pressure!

Art for Characters 9/10: Fan of the Paper Style
Environment Art 6/10: To Bland/Basic
Gameplay 7/10: Basic/Has a Nice Feel
Concept 10/10: Bright Future Ahead

3 Likes

Thank you for playtesting
Bomb Character isnt by me but im allowed to use it

1 Like

wow! this is a really nice concept and I can’t wait to see it expanded more.

Really great work! keep it up! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

This is really cool! It’s like a trust fall game, you’ve got to really believe the bomb will explode you upwards when you want it. Very cool!

Only suggestion would be the possibility of multiple lives (maybe a mode?), but it’s awesome as is.

4 Likes

Thank you. I was thinking about saving the progress instead of a health/lives system but i havent made up my mind yet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a great start, I loved figuring out how to time the explosion. Make sure you design a menu page and a fun screenshot, I envision the bomb with an explosion behind him propelling him towards the camera.

3 Likes

Thank you! Sure i’ll make sure to add everything u just said

2 Likes

It’s really cool and a little hard:)

2 Likes