The D.O.M Update Log [New Concept Art!]

An ally quest is a quest given to you by a friendly.The reward for winning an ally quest is (as mentioned in the name) gaining an ally. If you want you can have up to 2 allies and 1 dingo following you at a time. If you don’t want them to follow you are allowed to tell them no, and they will wait for you at their camp just in case you want to drop an ally (or dingo) off and pick them up.

Note: An ally can take care of a dingo if paid. If you do not pay them your ally will have no money for food and your dingo will start to die

An ally can die of Hunger, Thirst, losing too much blood, head trauma, bullet wounds, stab wounds, failure to get a wretch off of them (in which case they will become an infected) and drowning

Ally quests are one of the biggest features in DoM
@F3Art @MetaNinja @glithctyrus @8-bit_Studio @ManiacPumpkin @spencertheball @GrimProductionZ @Crigence @rcreger

4 Likes

That sounds pretty sweet, makes the ally system much more realistic, although it would be a bit difficult to imply a code for something like that. Would be a bit challenging trying to remember if the ally is bleeding or thirsty etc. but I believe that you can do you.

1 Like

but do they give sandvich?

2 Likes

I would have to probably assume not, since Sandviches aren’t a common food choice in an apocalyptic region. The only food I would see being there would probably be canned food or stuff that can last a long time before expiration.

3 Likes

dang, sandviches heal 300 hp or so
edit that i forgot: they also regenerate in several seconds after being eaten

1 Like

Sadly no @spencertheball…no sandviches

2 Likes

This isn’t Australia, then, for sure :). I’ll probably wait to play the game when it’s almost completely done, but so far it seems really good!

2 Likes

So… How’s it coming along?

1 Like

@The_Kodex - @Ramshacklegamestudios recently decided to halt development, due to a lack of time. He said that the other developers could continue working on it if they want to, but anything big should get Ramshackle’s approval first.
But other than that, the progress looks promising.

3 Likes

Hey @The_Kodex! Development is going great. For more info check out my site (I can’t post a link rn but I’ve posted it on almost all of my threads.)!

3 Likes

will

5 Likes

DoM new name:

• Shadowfire
  • Shortened version of the og name
  • other
  • I have an idea!

0 voters

Sorry for the lack of explanation. I don’t have much time for personal reasons
@MetaNinja @theglitch055 @ManiacPumpkin @spencertheball @rcreger @F3Art

4 Likes

you should name it: aftermath

4 Likes

I like that! Maybe if other wins I’ll name it aftermath!

2 Likes

Yes, “Aftermath” sounds good.

Although I think you should keep the original name maybe as an Easter Egg.

2 Likes

Sounds good! “shadowfire” has a bit of significance to the story but just doesn’t sound great as a title.

3 Likes

“run all you’d like, you cannot escape your own shadow.” (Quote from Pargoth [Un-titled project])

4 Likes

I don’t know if you can name it aftermath since someone is making a flowjam game called that, but you could still name it that. Not sure how the whole system works.

1 Like

@ManiacPumpkin if you check the thread I asked him about it.

3 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t know. I just knew he had a game called that so sorry for budding in. Yeah I guess aftermath would make a pretty cool name for a post-apocalyptic game.

3 Likes