The Facility: Christmas Update!

Just played through the demo again! It might of been just a while since I last played, by the doors feel 10x better than the last time I played, so thumbs up to that! I really like it so far!

I also noticed the light animations with the technician at the beginning of the demo, very nice touches!

1 Like

Thank you for the support and for the advertisement on your discussion. Also I’ll have to try Piskel sometime. That would make the lighting much more easier to do, thanks again.

1 Like
Update 12/18/20-3

Okay, I should probably wait until the end of the day to finish up an update announcement, but after each update I feel like i’m done for the day, but then end up adding more, lol.
So I was having difficulty with the dialogue system and I previously had it that when you interacted with an NPC a message on the top-right corner of your screen would display what they were saying. Although this wasn’t entirely accurate since if you were really fast you could activate more than one speech and it would overlap causing a mess. So I used a similar name tag design as JR_01 and I made it so when you interact with an NPC the message is locked above their head like a name tag. I have to give thanks to @JR01 for this, even though I had to redo some parts I still used the main idea. And I have to say that I’m quite proud with what the outcome was.
Some things that are still the same is if you interact with a locked door or quest (goal) messages pop up, they are still in the corner. Since no one is actually saying them, just your own thoughts, but I didn’t want to put them above the player since it would seem that they are talking and it would be kinda weird. Anyway I hope you find the new dialogue system to be quite awesome or that’s at least what I think.

1 Like

I know this is like the fourth update today, but I really should wait 20 minutes then it would be tomorrow, lol. Anyway I say that some people were getting prepped for the holidays and I don’t have a Christmas themed game. Then I got the idea of adding some Christmas elements to the game such as making the plants into small Christmas trees and adding presents on top of some of the desks. I even scattered a few presents around to give the entire game some more ambience to it. Although I still technically can’t call this a Christmas game, I think it fits pretty well with the holidays.
Even though this is supposed to be a horror game and the Christmas elements kind of take some of that away, I still think it looks rather good. Plus I’ve seen Christmas horror games before so it shouldn’t take too much spook away, right? Anyway happy Holidays!

1 Like

I’m so excited for this game it already looks great reminds me of classic Dungeon Crawler RPG’s keep up thy great work!

2 Likes