The Glorious Off Topic Channel Of Destiny 2

I personally take pixel art rules as true art rules. Good artists learn them, excellent artists master them then break them. I by far am no master, but if something looks better in an off pixel size, then don’t be afraid to keep it.

3 Likes

Here’s an example of mixels in my game that in my opinion looks pretty decent.

Summary

img_asset_15204024

4 Likes

it does look pretty good. mixels only look good in really specific situations like that

3 Likes

Alrighty, thanks for the advice, personally Im going to take Bradens as a general guideline, but I also agree with meburningslime, but here is some art I was making, Im pretty decent at art in real life(check out my insta), but it doesn’t really translate into pixel art, but I think I am getting better (:

4 Likes

woah! that’s really nice actually

3 Likes

i’m using lists! finally! CodeAlpaca would be proud

7 Likes

Looks like a mosaic feel, nice work!

3 Likes

just played beatsaber again and damn is this song good

Beat Saber - YouTube

2 Likes

Dang does that look complicated

2 Likes

it’s not, actually. all it’s doing is going through a set of random letters and then eventually landing on W, A, S, and D to show the controls lol

1 Like

Ok so what I was wondering if does a more close-up look better, or does a more background one look better
zoomed in

background

2 Likes

background. definitely.
Also, are you making this game for the flowjam?

2 Likes

so background looks better? But doesnt the zoomed in one feel more imersive?

2 Likes

actually, i looked at it again and im not sure. zoomed in looks good as well

2 Likes

uhhhhh, no…
Actually kinda yes, because I know I have a very low chance of finishing it within the given time, so if I cant, I will just keep developing it

3 Likes

Zoomed it makes the atmosphere of a large world get lost.

1 Like

I made a bad mistake, I put the background in the same sprite layer as the buildings, noooo

4 Likes

well this screenshot is the best one i’ve seen so far

1 Like

Ahh, so the text lists and this animation are part of that intro you showed on the discord. Nice! All that hard work payed off! :wink:

1 Like