⭐ The Novavis - Winter flowjam 2023

After working up until the one hour mark, Me and @Logan_K have finally finished our game… The Novavis!!

Link:

In The Novavis, you pilot a ship through an ultra-bright supernova to prove the enryonian leadership wrong and to test new supernova resistant technology, in the pursuit of precious metals. It’s something that I haven’t seen on flowlab before, so it should be a very unique experience!

Let us know your thoughts on the game! thank you!

img_asset_15308048_scaled_5x_pngcrushed

20 Likes

I loved this, please don’t stop working on this lol

Really nice simple space adventure game, although I gotta say flying around is a bit… bumpy:D

7 Likes

I hate to admit that the first four words in my head when I started playing were “iron lung among us”

great game, love it so far. got my good headphones on for this one and it definitely paid off.

best horror game on the website

9 Likes

lmao that is exactly what others told me as well xD
And thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it!

4 Likes

Unfortunately there are no plans to update because… well, you know, you die at the end lol

We actually ran out of polish to do by the final 2 days. felt weird playing video games during the jam lmao.

6 Likes

Awesome game!

2 Likes

Th- the polish, it’s- it’s too bright-
Too much polish

When you get to this point it’s kinda hard to really go any further, it looks and feels great, especially the different displays that pop up. I legit spent a good minute opening and closing the navigator.

Loved every moment of the game, you nailed the ambiance and feel of everything, and the art is some of the best I’ve seen, not only in the jam but here on Flowlab!

The stuff yall make is amazing ヾ(≧▽≦ )o

10 Likes

lmaoo that little illustration made me laugh xD

Thank you very much for the compliments - I haven’t played your and JR’s game yet but it looks really good from the previews I’ve seen. Really looking forward to playing it on stream! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m glad you liked the sound design as that was mostly my entire job for this project. The flowlab sound system was clearly not designed for something like this but it’s always fun to try to push it to it’s limits.

9 Likes

i just beat the game and, yeah, i love it, it’s very similar to iron lung and i love it, that ending didn’t really startle me that much tho

5 Likes

This game is like Amog Us :flushed:? It’s great! I’m totally playing it!
me after beating the game:
Amongle Among Us GIF - Amongle Among Us Amongla GIFs

3 Likes

Very polished and interesting concept, though I am currently stuck after reaching the first waypoint and photographing it. Also the description says F is the interact key when I believe it should be E. But great work overall!

6 Likes

This game could honestly win, another sup3r87 W

5 Likes

Nicee! This game is so polished, wow!
I played a bit and took some photos but I haven’t finished it yet. I will play more later :slight_smile:

I honestly thought the game was going to be 3d and for a bit I was trying to use the arrows to rotate the camera ahah

9 Likes

I remember seeing the 3D demo on sup3r’s game page, and I honestly thought the same exact thing lol

7 Likes

This was such a cool experience! The game has a very creative gameplay idea that you executed very well and it added a unique shakeup to the usual gameplay style of your games. Great job with this one!

5 Likes

I really enjoyed this game! My only complaint is that it wasn’t longer so that I could keep playing lol. Great work!

7 Likes

the novasus

7 Likes

I love this game, one of the best horror games on Flowlab. My only complaint is that it’s too close to Iron Lung in gameplay and story. I look forward to updates to this game.

7 Likes

Yep this square is going to win again