The Pumpkin Previews (Closes until Further Notice)

yeah, at school rn tho so I don’t have it with me

not that it matters since I memorized my stuff anyways

Yeah, my grading system is probably a little different from most game reviewers since you probably won’t be able to go below a 5 or 4 unless your game is like just the basics. Using default sprites, using already made behaviors, that sort of thing. I like giving those who made their game from scratch and made everything in it by themselves a more higher score such as a 6 or 7 since I admire that kind of ethic. I don’t like using anyone’s sprites unless their mine or I got permission so when I see someone else’s game that takes other work, I don’t appreciate it as much. Even though the default sprites are free to use, I still think that they can do better and make their own.

Also I would prefer it if you didn’t just spam random stuff on here, I know this sounds a little strict but i would recommend sticking to what the topic is and try to limit on how much to post on here, cause I almost forgot that i have someone else’s game left to review and It’s hard to notice something like that when their is a bunch of random notifications that don’t necessarily involve me. If you absolutely have to say something, then try to answer if a way where you only have to answer once or something, it would definitely help me keep track of who’s game I need to review and stuff. Thanks.

1 Like

Wait did @Ramshacklegamestudios add a blurr affect to his game

If you are talking about the image, not really. That is just the daylight cycle. There are other UI effects, like blood if you are taking fatal damage.

Wait can you tell me how to do that was this a new update or something?

@GrimProductionZ can you please just stick to your own Topics or ask Ramshacklegamestudios yourself instead of adding notifications to my topic. @MetaNinja your find cause you’re just responding to what he said, but Grim, can please just stick to the subject please, thanks.

Yo can someone at least answer my question smelly

You can ask your question on this discussion.

@GrimProductionZ can you please just leave this topic if you aren’t going to say anything legit.

Okay @johnpost I will try my best to get your review out by tomorrow, sorry for the wait.

2 Likes

Alright sorry, @johnpost. I’ve been a lot more busy this week than I though so I’m sorry for the wait, but I finally been able to get your review out.
Game art:
I know there really isn’t much of a style for game art since its a more difficulty based game, but I still think it looks really cool. I love the spike sprites, but their the only thing (other than coins, flags, and buttons) that include a more textured color scheme. I will probably have to give you a 7/10 for art, mainly since some of the sprites are just a solid color and don’t give off much detail, but I am able to tell what is what.
Theme/Style:
I can tell that it was somewhat based off of the famous Coolmath game, The World’s hardest game. But yours is a platformer version for the original is a top-down so I think the style is pretty unique. I will have to say 8/10 for style, mainly cause the concept was somewhat based off of another game, but you were able to make it seem different.
Game Play:
This one is pretty high, even though there are only four levels in the game, since each level is really hard It’s still pretty fun to play it. So I’ll give a 9/10 for this, mainly cause there is only 4 levels, but I still think their are a lot of gameplay.
Difficulty:
I know your game is pretty much difficulty based so this was an instant 10/10 cause I still haven’t been able to beat any of the yet, lol.
Game Features:
I will have to say 9/10 cause the menu could use a little bit more detail, but I absolutely loved the level selection. So this one was pretty high just on its own.
Story/Goal:
Like I said before in previous reviews, Your game isn’t story based, so I’ll mainly start with the goal. There isn’t much of a reason to complete the goal or each level, but I’ll still give a 7/10 cause you game isn’t necessarily a story based game.
So, your final score is 8/10 at least I think cause I did everything in my head, lol. One reason I gave you such a pretty high score is because I absolutely love the simplistic look of the game and the difficulty of the game. I can’t wait to see how many more levels you tend to add and all I can say is keep up the good work!

1 Like

thanks for the review of DoM, that helps ramshackle and myself create what is needed. an enemy limit is definitely a must, and story/quests are on their way soon.

2 Likes

Your welcome @F3Art. I actually really like the game and can’t wait to see the finished result.

on the topic of games, @ManiacPumpkin what do you think the seconds boss of my game should be?

Hmm… I’ll have to give it a good think.

Maybe a boss that emits a laser instead of individual bullets so you cannot pass through it, but the laser won’t cover the whole map, it will be on a randomizing pattern, and maybe some bullets that will follow you 5 seconds after spawning, but make really long turns so you can easily avoid them without having too much trouble. Other than different bullet types I honestly don’t have any really good ideas.

I meant boss design not attack patterns lmao… but thats a good idea

Well, I know you said boss design, but I literally don’t have any good ideas. I can make a really detailed story-based game, but when it comes to an advanced bullet hell game such as yours, I can’t really think of anything. Even though I played a lot of them in my life, I still don’t have any good ideas.

welp, im thinking of like a big eagle based robot that flies around quickly and shoots are you from all angles. But I can’t do sprite art well