The Rage Game By SimplyMe

Hi Everyone. Yeah um…How do I start. Ok so my name is SimplyMe. I have been making games for only 2 years. Yeah I know, but hey even professional game developers are still learning so I don’t have to worry about that…So it’s good to be on flowlab, new community, seems like reviews, and games are getting made everyday. very cool. I plan to make a game. Basically. This will be a rage game. This is in early development like super early so there is no story, no characters and basically nothing…Now if you have ideas on what to put in the rage game then tell me, and I will be taking my leave. See ya.

Stay Simple
Stay Making…
Meh something like that

-SimplyMe 2022

11 Likes

Thanks for all the likes, really do!
I hope you all have a good nights rest(or if you are on the other side have fun making games in the day?) Time for me to hit the hay

3 Likes

Hello Flowlab! Rise and shine!
Today I am going to be focusing on the basic of all games.
The story plot, the main character designs, settings, code and all that stuff.
Now can anyone please take me to the flowlab code manual?

2 Likes

The Story Plot
So lets see…Oh yes let me just get my paper. Be right back…Ok so I got it and it says.

“SimplyMe, which is me will make a rage game based off different rage games like “get over it” and um other rage games.”

You know this sounds kind dumb, so I will just speak myself. This game will take place in a tower where a dragon egg is on top. Many tried to get this egg but many lost their lifes due to old age…Yep it was that special so you as a traveler are on a journey to get that egg. Try to get there, while dodging fake stairs, traps and enemies, if you dont you will fall down to the beginning of the map…(Get over it idea) Yeah that is it pretty much…

2 Likes

Hi Everyone! I now can check my list and cross out setting/place . So dont need to worry about that anymore. I also added a block to jump around to see how the movement feels. And guess what. It’s weird. Very weird. If you jump at the sides of a sprite or object you get stuck there then you can climb…if you press the up key. So umm how do I stop the character from doing so…Wait…Help? There is a help page. BRB…

2 Likes

(Such beautiful land don’t you think)

3 Likes

Execpt the bushes and jungle atmosphere…

1 Like

Sounds fun!

1 Like

Why thank you it will be fun…that is, if you don’t get angry

1 Like

Quick Updates!
There is still no character design but a basic square. Right now I am dealing with level design so the character design will come later. If you have any character design idea you could let me know

3 Likes

Hi Flowlab I am back after one hour of work. I just ate breakfast (eggs, bacon, and eggs, you know the drill) and I have added many details to the game, like grass, and background dirt. I have also added the entrance to the tower of doom! Where if you entered it will give you a tutorial before you get to the anger levels. Here is here is how it looks like with when detailed is added to the map an-oh…I need the basic badge… oh well.

(does it look good being a square no one knows…)
But maybe if we start a pole to see if the character should be a square or not a square!
Lets begin The Poll Game! In this game…you vote. Duh. Ok so here is the poll…Wait…I need the basic badge…Well poll later then!
Here is the entrance to the tower of anger! Drum roll please! BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BAM BOOM BOOOM! Ga Bang!
Screenshot 2022-09-20 11.08.45 AM
Very Basic.
So anyways that is all for now.

5 Likes

Very square, Nice!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! Good Morning! The Badge of basics have finally answered my call! I can now summon The Great Poll Game So I want you to know if: Do you want the character to be a square or not?

The Poll Game Begin!
  • Yes please add a new character not a boring square
  • No put the square in the game

0 voters

2 Likes

where is the 3rd choice that it make a new player but put the square in the game somewhere else

2 Likes

if you don’t want your character to stick to walls, change their hitbox to Capsule

1 Like

I have no clue but okay. Maybe we could make the shape of the character a square but the details different, I don’t know

1 Like

Ok thank you BradenS

1 Like

My friend is about to join soon! He says he wants to try this cool website! Another memeber for flowlab! He has been planning a anime metroidvania game here is a peek of what he is doing!
Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 5.32.47 PM

1 Like

Why Thank you @SimplyMe . Yes this a a metroid game so the character wouldnt look exactly like this

1 Like

Welcome to flowlab, hope you the best with your game @AnimeMetroid .

1 Like