The Rise Of Yami Clan

wakaki senshi tachi yo 、 konnichiha​,

About two years ago, I started learning english. Ever since then, I been recently interseted in making games. I might spell things wrong, even the basic of words, but I hope that this wouldn’t get in our way of us game developers. Thank you!

The rise of Yami clan is a hack and slash game where you play as a samurai known Eru. Eru is a part and top samurai of the Yami clan. The Yami Clan contains different people: familes, relatives, and wanderers who is worthy and accepted. Other clans killed for territory, but the Yami Clan’s hand stay hidden, and didn’t get involved in such fights, as they had enough already. The Yami Clan killed thousands of people already, scattering blood across the lands.

As Clans fought with each other, a evil greater than them all combined came into play and mysterious assassins, quick as lighting, strong as a bull…killed many samurai and young warriors. That is when…all the clan decided to combine, but it wasn’t enough. So they decided…to get the very last of the clans. So hidden in the mountains. This is where the story begins…

8 Likes

This actually sounds pretty awesome.

6 Likes

Thank you Deadly_Smile, This is all so new to me, but I am a great artist, and will try my best to make the best game for you all. Here is the main character, Eru.
Screenshot 2024-01-06 5.18.58 PM
Does not look like much, but this is only a draft of how he would look like. I will also try to add customization, so you can be free to change his armor and sword skin.

10 Likes

This is amazing artwork! I wonder what it would look like with animations and a idle. This looks really cool. It’s nice to meet you too! I hope we can all get along, too!

4 Likes

This game is looking interesting already…

Good Job on the artwork, by the way.

5 Likes

Thanks, I am still working on it even right now. I need to fix his head a bit and make a fighting stance.

3 Likes

The Crazy Old man of Yami Clan

Screenshot 2024-01-07 8.08.02 AM

7 Likes

He lost his arm in one of the battles of the Yami Clan. His move aren’t as sharp as before as he is aging and missing one arm, but will still defend for the clan. He tells tales and teaches students, who mostly looks down on him.

2 Likes

Fixed Eru’s head and the hair piece of the mask a bit. (His teeth isn’t as wide)

7 Likes

img_asset_18251634

7 Likes

This game will require different buttons and combinations of keys to do different moves. But I will just make the basic for now. It took me a hour, just to make this simple slash attack.

5 Likes

This spritework is amazing - I’m hyped to see how the game will play out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes! Thank you. I might get indie to farther develop the game. But we will see.

4 Likes

With art like that, you can go a long way, good luck on your project.

5 Likes

img_asset_18251634 (1)

7 Likes

So far there are only two slash animations. Which is enough for a playable character. I will make the walking animation now.

5 Likes

The walking animation is done. It been done, but it looks a bit off, but I am focusing on combat and block right about now. Sorry if I haven’t posted any pictures or anything.

5 Likes

Alright Everyone! The character is fully functional! He can walk and attack. He can also run too. The animation are all drafts so I might fix them here and there. But I want to focus on releasing the game instead of big details.

6 Likes

Wow, that looks really good! When can we see all the animations in game?

4 Likes

Sure, I will show you. They aren’t smooth, but I will show you them.

3 Likes