The Tale of Gnome is out! My first game is out!

@106297
look, i did it!!!

2 Likes

Good Job!!! Let me up the ante. If you can get less than 25 seconds, 6 coins and full health in the end, I’ll give you nothing but the sense of happiness!

3 Likes

This is a really good game! Also bruh because this is yet another “first Flowlab game with tale in the title”.

3 Likes

but you can make your own sprites with any type of account

4 Likes

Really good game i like this

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! That means a lot to me!

3 Likes

True. Well, actually I am really bad at pixel art, but I’ll get there.

3 Likes

I want to make the game better to play, so should I add any of these features?

• Point system for both killing monsters and collecting coins

• Extra levels with harder bosses, better monsters, and more mediocre coding

• A stronger boss in the first level

• Other suggestions that anyone here has?

4 Likes

Yes

Yes

And yes

2 Likes

triple yes, also, try making a storyline for the game other than Gnome trying to be an epic-er alien :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK. It’s gonna be a while until this game will reach it’s max potential, but if anyone has any ideas for stories, or coding examples of ideas for the games, post them here, because I am not the best at making stories, even though I try to write one every now and then, and also, I am only 13 currently, so nothing I make will be awesome, so anything you post here will most likely fit it’s way into this game.

3 Likes

Nice work so far! Keep on working, and you’ll for sure get better and better at this!

1 Like

1 Like

Starting to work on second on second level. It will be the same as the first level, but flipped horizantally, more obstacles, and a boss chasing you till you get to the end. Then I will make a epic boss battle for the final level. Any tips? Does this seem like a good idea?

4 Likes

I am about to start working on the coin and monster point system, so the boss, which requires 20 hits on the head, will give you twenty points when you kill him. Is that too much points? Like this comment if it is fine with 20 points. Comment if you have an idea how to make it give you less points.

4 Likes

happy jump stickman piskel
yes

3 Likes

i have an idea. I made this crumbling platform sprite that is exactly the size of one grid piece in flowlab. you can upload this to your game, and use the image as a sprite. it can work like this: if you step on it, it disappears! this can add some original sprites to your game.
here it is → platform breaking piskel

Additional Details
  • idk if you can download if you right-click on the image
  • make sure to edit out the black ball
3 Likes

Oh man this is great! I don’t know how to download it. I mean i keep “saving image as”, then I go to flowlab, upload it, then it only shows the first photo. How can I fix this?

3 Likes

Flowlab only shows the first frame of a gif. You would have to ask @BradenS to give you all the frames individually and then upload them into Flowlab one by one.

3 Likes

Ok. Hey, @BradenS , is it possible if you could give me each frame of the sprite indiviually?

3 Likes