THRALL UPDATE 22 sept 2021

i know, when will the updates end? probably when ideas stop going through my head while im at work.

anyways

• updated sprite artwork
  • updated player attack animations
  • updated enemy attacks and animations
  • added red flash to indicate damages
  • added NEW Unlockable
  • DASH forward into enemies delivering critical damage
  • updated AERIAL ATTACK
  • updated ghoul temple artwork
  • removed the walking skeleton and replaced by floating spirits
  • new skeleton sprite and attacks
  • added knock back effect to all sprites
  • added a new logo not that anyoine cares, still subject to change idk yet
  • updated trees
  • updated wolves behaviors
  • updated music
  • updated gold and apple animations
  • added Slash & Kick tutuorial for opening chests

i think thats it for now, let me know what you guys think

5 Likes

Cool. However, still one question remains:

HOW TO KILL BEAR

3 Likes

slice him up until he dies ! ive slowed down his attacks and nerfed his attack damage so it should be easier yet still slightly challenging. dont forget to block his attacks , i forgot to mention when blocking comes into contact with an enemy attack there will be a " block " text to ensure you that not damage was taken to the player

3 Likes

Ok. Got it :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m really enjoying this game, congrats on 2,000 plays by the way!

2 Likes

i just made a screen recording but i guess its too long to send, email me and i can maybe send you the bear fight

3 Likes

im really glad you enjoyed it , im working on a new enemy its large scale and im having trouble making a walk animation for it so, theres something to look forward to lmao

3 Likes

I feel you, I didn’t realize how satisfying the sound design of this game is until now. Great job!

3 Likes

i think the sounds suit it perfectly, still trying to find a better bear sound and might add foot steps but i dont want them getting annoying

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to make it to the bear because a lack of time, but I’m exited to see it. Sounds like a good challenge. I’m also intrigued by the story, is there something mystical going on (such as trolls/orcs), or is it just my imagination…we may never know :laughing:

3 Likes

youll jusn have to find out :wink:

3 Likes

Indeed I will. One thing I noticed was that the vulture sound can get a little repetitive when there are more than one, you may want to add one or two more (and make the different sounds random) in order to avoid this. If not its not a huge deal, but I just thought I’d address it.

3 Likes

I’m also loving the way you use dialog, its kinda like how I’m doing it in D.O.M. The difference is in your game the text fades, and shows different character talking (not just your own), in D.O.M I have a text box specifically dedicated to Sam (The character you play as). What I mean by this is that when you look at the bottom of the screen it always has text that says “Sam:” so whenever he has something to say it’ll pop up down there, and you can also ask him for insight on the situation. I thought I’d share so maybe you can get some ideas, and because I thought we were going about it in a slightly similar way.

4 Likes

Hey @probablydon - I just added Thrall as the newest featured game

6 Likes