Tilemap Trouble

I tried to use @JR01 's export tilemap but it always ended it this:
Any help here?

Could you send a link to your game?

1 Like

Its a privet game until it is released, But ill PM you.

1 Like

Seems like you must have just exported the wrong list. You need to make sure you got the export from your own map, and any changes made to it requires you to reexport (so it is recommended you do this after building your level)

1 Like

I did and it still would not work, All it did with turn every thing to towers.

Does it work in the non exported form?

1 Like

No, It does not work at all.

Ok, so the issue isn’t the export at all, the system must have been implemented wrong somewhere else. You have the correct number of animation frames right? It should be a single animation and the frame is selected with the “Go To” input

1 Like

I checked the block and it had no code inside of it

1 Like

I know, i deleted the code so i can try to find a different code.

1 Like

Then how are we supposed to help you find a solution to your problem which was to fix something you did wrong with JR01’s tilemap thing

1 Like

I stopped this topic because i remember the other tilemap test.

1 Like

Which other tilemap test are you talking about?

1 Like

This one.

I mean, it’s literally the same example, but the expression is just expanded. So if you had an issue with the other one, you’ll have one with this as well

2 Likes

The test tilemap is… well a test, for making a tilemap system for 47 animation and some other things I was looking at with code. I’ll unlist that example tonight to reduce confusion. I’ve updated the current tilemaps examples to support the 47 animation version, so it would be best to use those instead.

If your game is have small levels, the auto tile system will work fine. But this system will lag if you have larger/longer levels. That is why there is also a export version (that takes a lot more work to get working). I have a Post on how to use my examples, so follow it as best you can to properly use these systems. It goes over both the auto system and the export system examples for tilemaps.

Tile Map System - JR 01

2 Likes

Thank you, Ill give you the solution.