Tilit Controls with Touch Sensor Project Announcement

Sadly. it’s currently not possible on flowlab, since it’s a browser-based engine, it doesn’t register mobile inputs other than tapping.
This has been requested quite a few times in the past so I’m sure it may become a possible feature in the future.

Yeah :+1: maybe it isn’t. But the goal is to actually manipulate touch inputs enough to simulate the accloeormeter. So basically I have Indie and I can export my games and apps. Meaning it’s not just in the browser.

I’m sure it’s probably possible to export the game and add addition code to it. I don’t think I’ve seen it done before since not a lot of people make fleshed out mobile games, but it would definitely be an achievement.

1 Like

Yeah for sure. I mean adding Tilit controls without the accleormeter would be an amazing thing for any developer. As a matter of fact I could be the first one to ever do it. Kinda sounds ridiculous but I have a theory. :wink:

1 Like

Tilt controls have 3 values that are Roll, Pitch, and Yaw.
If your phone has a gyroscope, you can use this website to see how the values work.
Demo - The Web's Sixth Sense: A Study of Scripts Accessing Smartphone Sensors

But what it comes down to is 3 sensors that makes up a gyroscope.
2 sensors are set to the devices orientation for forward rotation and side rotation (Pitch and Roll).
And the 3rd sensor detects true north like a compass (Yaw).

Once you understand the values and how they represent the phone orientation, you can implement these 3 values in a game. Although, you will have to make a scroll bar instead to implement these values until they can be added into Flowlab.

5 Likes

Yeah, so that could be a workaround. But scroll bar? What do you mean? How can those be added to FlowLab?

Ill have to make an exanmple later, but it is one way if you want to use touch controls to simulate gyroscope. I think I can do it pretty simmply with the gesture behavior too.

The real problem is actually using those values to simulate a 3D plane to show off how it works.

1 Like

Sounds good :+1: thanks for the help.