Till We Have Faces: Midnight Cry Demo

How does it feel unpolished? And what atmospheric effects do you mean? Visual, audio, style, or gameplay?

1 Like

audio and visual atmosphere, the game feels unpolished in the sense that for example, the zombie creatures are basically brick walls, thereā€™s mixels and the controls feel really cramped

1 Like

Again, Iā€™m not sure what you mean by cramped controls. I made everything at 2 pixel size except the hud, and the second you hit a faceless they stop colliding with objects. If you see any exceptions to this please let me know.

1 Like

idk, personally idk

oooh, i hadnā€™t picked up a weapon before the room with the faceless, i think you should automatically pick it up

3 Likes

I made a giant marker to show it as per popular request

5 Likes

It doesnā€™t look right if I change those two sprites, and the stairs are at 2 pixel size. The art style I based the character off of is this.
Commando_Primary
Commando_walk

4 Likes

idk, just release the game and see if thereā€™s any activity

2 Likes

ah yes, english

2 Likes

The game is good, but hot damn that watcher runs fast!

2 Likes

Like the minute he sees you, all you can do is hide, but it is too late, you get stuck in a dead end and get capture by him. Maybe add some sort of struggle system, where you can break free from his grasp, but each time it gets harder.

3 Likes

Lol, I will say the beginning where youā€™re at a dead end is probably the hardest part of the demo, besides the ending. Once you get past that though itā€™s pretty easy to hide from him, just run for your life to get a door between you and him and hide.

2 Likes
How far are you?
  • Level 1 (The Watcher)
  • Level 2 (The Shadow)
  • Level 3 (The Door)
  • Level 4 (The Descent)
  • I beat the game!

0 voters

1 Like

No spoilers, but was the ending level and cutscene good?

3 Likes

Never got to the end. only @paisleypug

2 Likes

both of them were decent

2 Likes

The game is now released on Itch.io!

2 Likes

What are your favorite mechanics in horror or puzzle games? Iā€™m free to feedback. Also, please let me know how the website looks!

3 Likes

Iā€˜ll play the game later today and add more feedback but since this was a general question:
Horror Games: the sound, it just makes such a huge difference if you have e.g. bloody footsteps and door opening sounds compared to a mostly silent game.

Puzzle: 1 big thing, the Oh-I-See-effect after solving a level

3 Likes

Can someone confirm for me wether or not achievements are bugged? Iā€™m getting mixed reports of achievements breaking and being spammed.

2 Likes