Tips for my game please

Please tell me tips on how I can improve my game! Thanks

3 Likes

Can you provide a link to it? Or do you mean in general?

2 Likes

Link…?

I have a cool tip!

When ever you want to test your game, you have to make the skeleton as quickly as possible. Nothing fancy- no good graphics- just something that works well.
If your skeleton is fun and challenging enough to keep a player invested, then the fresh coat of paint will just lead more people to and make it look better overall.

1 Like

How do I do that? I am new to Flowlab

OK I just figured it outHere it is!

OK @DarkStar_Studios. Here is the link
The Link

Turn off the jump key’s repeating state, it’s allowing the player to fly.

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 7.24.55 AM

@Fiat_Millicento
What I said isn’t something you can program on flowlab, it’s just general advice.

If you are going to play the game, make everything you want to implement in your game work first. If it works, but just isn’t fun, that means your game’s skeleton isn’t fun. If the skeleton isn’t fun, then giving it a paint job (aka sprites and good graphics) won’t make it any better.

But I don’t want it to fly

Right. For my game you just have to collect the coins and diamonds

yes, you have to turn off the repeating so that it doesnt fly. becasue if you hold down the jump button it just goes up and up

After you’ve had people play test your game skeleton, it would be best to add a gimmick feature, story, or hidden function to add interest.

delete all the behavior and replace with the run & jump logic bundle found in behavior bundles.

1 Like

Do what @_GAMOOG said but turn the collision to only light up on “bottom” and change collision type to capsule.