Top-of-the-line reviews! (The Crigence Critique)

@meburningslime
“LagLag” is right. Here’s my notes:

+Decent graphics

-Unoriginal
-Is that jumble of 0s at the top left what you call a “HUD”? Put some effort in!
–I don’t know how, but you somehow managed to make a EXTREMELY laggy Flowlab game!

Why so little notes? Simple: I gave up playing less than a minute in! Yeah, THAT’S how laggy this bad slideshow of a game is!

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

Graphics - 2.5
Music - 2.5
Controls - 1 (Controlling that picture is about as easy as squeezing soap through a keyhole)
Stability - 0

Final Score: 2/5.
This isn’t a critique, this is an obituary.

Recommendations:
MASSIVELY optimize the game, or (Incase i haven’t bashed this game enough) just scrap it. ~Crigence

@MagmaDude100
This game seems promising! Here’s my notes:

-More of the Atari 2600 graphics, i see.
+Luckily for you, I’m a sucker for retro stuff! Including the Atari 2600!
+I like the idea of a intro cutscene to explain thing quickly!
+Nice basnk. (I’m making fun of the bank)
++Great job telling the player where to go and such with this one! The explanation point in part 3, the important buildings standing out in the overworld, that one door in part 2, that’s all good stuff!

-VERY simplistic menu (Also, why is support in that random spot? Can’t you put it next to the Patreon logo or something?)
-Remember that intro cutscene i mentioned? It’s very lazily slapped onto the game as soon as you get in.
-No tutorial, no help screen, nothing in the description. You just gotta figure out the controls by yourself.
-The gun doesn’t work, or at least i couldn’t figure out the key to use it.
-How come when you walk left or up, you hold the gun with your ass?
-Why are the criminals just shooting in random directions? What’s going on!??!
-In part 3, i can go through some buildings but not others with no way of telling which i can.
-The cars in part 3 are WAY too good! Make them slower or something!
-The cars controls make sense, but can you either make the car slower or make it stop instantly?
-Small complaint, but can you put bars in front of the jail cells in part 2 so i don’t get a urge to see if anything’s inside them?

This game has more of a sense of direction then Survive the Zamboodles ever did and i like it! If this game is going to be like Alien Swarm (It’s a free game on Steam, look it up) Then this is one of the few games on Flowlab i could see myself playing through! Keep working on it!

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

Graphics - 3
Music - 0 (There is none)
Controls - 3.5
Stability - 4.5

Final Score: 4/5.

Recommendations:
Just fix the downsides i listed and you’ve got a pretty good game! ~Crigence

@Greggo
Well, i’ve played levels 1-3! Here’s my notes:

+Unique style
+Good controls
+It’s about time someone remembers the physics exist!
+Clicking the blocks tells you what their function is! That’s just brilliant!
+Hard, but it’s the FAIR kind of hard! (Lookin at you, Johnny boy.io!)

-Starting from the main menu is kind of annoying! Add checkpoints or something!
-Can you make it so you keep your skin?
-Yes, game testers are a thing. And yes, I’m technically one of them right now.

This is definitely one of the most polished games i’ve seen on Flowlab! No glitches, no bad game design choices, nothing bad i can think of! I know this is unrelated to the review, but you should allow people to submit their skins to you so you could implement them into the game! Here’s my submission:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1gqnk46ltktd1p/My%20skin.png?dl=0

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

Graphics - 3.5
Sound - 0 (There is none)
Controls - 3
Stability - 5

Recommendations:
Just allow people to submit skins and let you keep your skin if you die and that’s it! ~Crigence

Im so sorry. This game was just a tester and although it took me a year to make, I know it’s not great.

http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1088706 First game ever, I tried to make an rpg ish game based on D&D

http://flowlab.io/game/play/1093000
still a work in progress

http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/1088509

@AddoPlayz
This discussion is for FLOWLAB games, if this was made with flowlab: Send me the one on the website instead!

Or, if you want, i could review this on my game review channel when it’s finally created!

thanks @Crigence for another amazing review, I’ve fixed some things, but because of annoying bugs and the fact that I’ve run out of objects in that game, I’ve done all that i can do.

The Crigence Critique is the perfect name, @Crigence !

I know this is a game that i made over 2 years ago and still isnt finished but here http://www.flowlab.io/game/play/709157

@“Caleb Strawberry 3”
I’ll go easy on you due to the nice way you requested me to play the game! Here’s my notes:

+The visuals are rather pleasing to look at, i suppose.

-I get into the game, and it crashes instantly. No joke, it literally crashes. I can tell by the “Press ESCAPE to open editor” box never going away.
-I tried every menu. intro, menu, credits shop, nothing worked!
-This is the most broken game i ever played EVER, even out of Flowlab! DRIVE, Starblast 3, and Terria Flowlab edition, you guys are off the hook!

This has got to be THE most broken game yet! At least with Starblast 3, with DRIVE, and hell even Terria you could actually play the game! Given one was a slideshow, but still! With this one, the instant you get in it crashes!

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

Visuals - 3
Sound - 0 (There was none)
Controls - 0 (What was there to control?
Stability - -1

Final Score: 2/5.
These broken games are getting old.

Recommendations:
Optimize the game MASSIVELY or, scrap it if you have too! ~Crigence

Hey @Crigence, mind taking another shot at SB3? sometimes the game doesnt load completely so the logic doesnt work sometimes. Might even have to download the game for consistency. Most of those bugs you listed dont normally exist.

Please overlook the shooting bug. Youll notice that you wont be able to shoot in certain directions after you die once or twice. Its been around for about 4 months and I havent been able to get grazer to fix it since.

However the bug IS NOT affecting the mouse, so try that!

@Wybba
Well, you’re right! It is a very solid platformer! Here’s my notes:

+The main menu is very pleasing to the eye, i must say!
+Good tutorial! Thanks for not making it forced onto the player too!
+Very forgiving, it resets your health across level and you start at the beginning of said level if you die!
+The mechanic of the openable doors and unkillable enemies adds a very interesting dynamic to the game!
+I managed to jump over the brick building in level 5 (I think) and i couldn’t leave because i needed the key! Very interesting way to prevent boundary breaking!

-A sprint option would be nice
-The enemies are kind of hard to dodge
-Make it more obvious you can walk through the logs of the trees!
-Why are there doors in the roof?
-As far as i can tell, there is NO advantage to getting the bones! How about getting a harder version of the level or something?
-WHY IS THAT DOG SO FUCKING MASSIVE!? IS THAT CLIFFORD THE GIANT ASS WHITE DOG!?!?!
-Lazy ending

Just like CUBED, this is definitely one of the most polished games on Flowlab! There’s not much genuine criticism i can throw at the game that isn’t deflected by the massively forgiving difficulty! Keep working on the game and if you can, try to get it published on itch.io or maybe the Nintendo 'e Shop as the people who go to those places would eat something like this up!

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

Visuals - 3.5
Sound - 3.5 (I forgot to put my headphones on while playing the game… Whoops.)
Controls - 3
Stability - 5 (I can tell you gave the stability special attention!)

Final Score: 3.5/5.

Recommendations:
Add more levels, a better ending and fix the downsides and than it’s good!! ~Crigence

@CrimsonBlackGames
Alright, i’ll try the downloadable version of the game since i guarantee most of the problems in most of these games is Flowlab being unstable itself after too much is added into the game. not to rag on grazer, but Flowlab isn’t the most stable game creator out there.

Send me the link i’ll re-review it!

@Crigence what OS?

Ill have to rebuild it to make sure its up to date.

@CrimsonBlackGames
I use Windows 10, just like everyone else here.

@rcreger
This review is going to be a little special as this is the first time i ever re-reviewed a game! Especially considering the original review was one of the first 5 i ever reviewed. Here’s my notes:

+Good job with the signs!
+The game feels easier now, thanks!
+You no longer start from the beginning! Much better!

-If you die and replay the level, the sign will be invisible but you still read it!
-Why are there lasers on Earth?
-The health bar doesn’t reset after you die
-What’s the point of collecting the coins?
-Level 4 and 5 aren’t harder, they just throw more unavoidable garbage at you!
-The tanks don’t turn to face you, it’d be easy just do it!
-The cybermen don’t feel as threatening as they should be, can you make them shoot slow but powerful lasers or something?
-With the health packs, the game seems to reward rushing forward without thinking!
-Do we REALLY need where we are spelt out to us? Especially second time around? Stop wasting game objects!
-Can you make it so when you restart the game it becomes harder? Start the player with 1 health or just make every enemy a cyberman!
-I almost forgot to mention this, but do there REALLY have to be different star objects? Just make it 1 but use animations and rng to make them appear different!
–The game over-relies on those health packs to compensate for those bull-shit jumps, just make the game fair!

The game is FAR better than it was before and now i actually DO suggest playing it if you got some time to kill! It’s not the BEST platformer on Flowlab, but it is far from the worst! Well done! Speaking of platformers (Shameless plug) Old Super Mario Bros. actually got Skaro as a crossover level in the game! Follow this link (https://flowlab.io/game/embed/1014431) and press J to be taken right to it!

Scores (Scale of 1/5)

Visuals - 3.5
Sound - 3.5
Controls - 3.5
Stability - 5

Much better than it was before!

Recommendations:
Fix the downsides than you got a pretty good platformer on your hands! ~Crigence

https://flowlab.io/assets/users/76/user_76681/game_709571/windows.zip?stamp=1548651895

I think this downloads it

@CrimsonBlackGames
Arlight, the download worked! I’ll probably get the review out either tomorrow or today. Thanks!