Tower Defense Prototype

I’m working on a name right now, but the base mechanics are there. This is a tower defense demo inspired by Kingdom Rush and Pixeljunk Monsters. What do you think?

6 Likes

That’s pretty fun. It could use animations for the enemies and it would be cool if there was waves and big bosses.

3 Likes

The enemies will have dedicated sprites when I get to the design part of the game. There will be bosses eventually but the game definitely needs waves. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

this was pretty fun! I feel like I see tower defense games so rarely on flowlab. Would love to see a polished, finished version :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That I can do :+1:. I have the game mostly planned out. Just have a few things left and then it is go time

1 Like

I have been working on the game whenever I have the time. Level three (the second-to-last level in world 1), is about midway through development. I have the tower sprite of the arrow tower (the red one) done and I like the way it looks. I am working on in-level tower upgrades (each tower will have 2). A few small visual updates: shadows for trees, upgraded the water, and the aforementioned arrow tower sprite.

3 Likes

Today I added a tower sprite for the rock slinger (green). I also added upgrades for the ballista (red) and rock slinger towers. They shoot faster with bigger upgrades.

2 Likes

include images in your devlogs to make it more interesting!

1 Like

Nice! I love most tower defense games and this one is no exception!
:smile: