Tread Tech Demo V1.1

Hello! I’ve been spending a lot of time recently turning Tread into a more fast-paced/varied platformer and here are the results! This is just a short demo of Tread’s mechanics featuring a tutorial, one side-scrolling level, and a couple of one-screen challenge rooms. I’ll be casually adding to this Tech Demo here and there to polish up art/music and improve/add level features.

I accomplished my main goal of giving Tread a varied/momentum based move-set using only WASD and I’m pretty happy with the results. I’m open to any and all thoughts on the project and of course let me know about bugs! Thanks!

Tread Tech Demo V1.1 - Flowlab Game Creator - Tread

10 Likes

Neato!

1 Like

Your Tread character is awesome and cute, But demo IMMA PLAY IT RN

3 Likes

Ayyy lookin’ sick! Nice work @lopinjop !

2 Likes

I just finished the newest version of the game and clicked the link, you did a great job on the game and the graphics are just amazing! I hope you make more!

1 Like

I was collecting screenshots and experimenting with some flowlab games, so I came across Tread again and I have to say this is an incredible game. The controls feel smooth and it’s quite fun to move around.

I have to congratulate you again because I loved this.
Do you have plans to continue with this project or are you working on something else?
Either way, looking forward to more of your creations.

5 Likes

OMG. I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO AGREE WITH ME ON THIS FOR A LONGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME!!!
Tread is just so amazing and so much gameplay to mess around with! Until the full version of this new one comes out, the old one (the really old one: Flowlab Game Creator - Tread (FlowJam 2020 Ver.)) is still my favorite, though.
If you’ve ever taken a look inside the code, your brain will get fried (at least mine did).
@lopinjop 's games are just addictive (like yours) in general, and you’ll find yourself playing them over and over and over again.
Unfortunately, they do update the game a lot, but lopinjop isn’t on the forums a whole ton (I don’t blame them, though :upside_down_face:)
Trust me, I’ve tried to mention them more than once. A song to describe their reaction would be The Sound of Silence :joy:

2 Likes

Amazing game would love to see a game two!!

1 Like

welcome but please don’t revive old topics @metallicafan248

1 Like