Turn off collisions but keep velocity?

I want to have an object not be “Solid” but still be moveable, meaning velocity/acceleration would still work. Is this possible?

1 Like

You want it solid but movable? Isn’t that how all player objects already work?

2 Likes

typo, my bad. I mean to not be solid

1 Like

You can adjust its position using the Position behavior. If movable is not selected it can’t be moved with a velocity. If you wanted you could use the ease behavior to adjust its position so it seems like acceleration

1 Like

Actually, I think you can use velocity on non-moveable objects - thats how you make those moving platforms?

@DraftyScienceCoat75 You could make the object with enabled collisions, not solid, and moveable.

I was saying if “Moveable” was not selected it can’t be moved with velocity.

Oh really? I might be able to get that to work ig. My question was if there is a way to toggle whether an object is solid or not while still allowing velocity to work. So if I initially allow only solid but not moveable in the physics settings and then use the “enable” behavior, would the velocity behaviors still work?

1 Like

If an object is solid (or has “Enable Collisions” on) it is moveable with velocity even if moveable is not selected (I thought “Moveable” needed to be selected, but I’m testing it rn and it works fine). If you input into “False” on the enable behavior it will stop moving. If all collisions are turned off on the object and then you input true into the enable behavior it will still not be moveable with velocity.

For the main question on the post “Turn off collisions but keep velocity,” I am assuming that means collisions are on, then getting turned off, but the object keeps moving. If enable is used it will stop the object from moving (except with position), so that won’t work.

So, this is what you can do: Attach another sprite to it, then message the attached object to turn collisions off (With the enable behavior). That way the main object moves with velocity but the attached object can turn collisions off. The problem with this is that attached objects don’t activate the Collision behavior, but they still set off proximity.

You can also just have a second object lock itself to the X and Y of the moving object and that also works fine

If you have any more questions feel free to ask

1 Like

yeah that’s probably gonna be closest I can get. You understand the question except I wanted to be able to toggle where it was solid, not collisions. Solid as in, it can’t move through other solid objects and interacts with their hitbox

1 Like

The first object can have a collision even though it’s not solid, but the 2nd object is the solid one.
So when the 2nd object is no longer solid you can detect collisions from the first object still

1 Like

Ah my bad, i misread it :+1:

2 Likes