šŸŒŒ Universal Crumble - Summer flowjam 2022

NOTE: after testing, it seemed that those that hadnt played crumble before the intensity update were stuck with no difficulty setting. this issue has now been fixed.

3 Likes

sorry for the radio silence, everyone. Was on a vacation. Am back now; update soon!

3 Likes

Universal crumble v1.2 bragging rights update.
ā€œVideo evidence? No need!ā€
This update was more of a ā€œgeneral updateā€ that I wanted to push out to get the dust settled. This update rolls the red carpet for the bigger 1.3 update.

SPLASH SCREEN
I added a quick, smoothly animated splash screen when the game is started up. I plan on doing this to my other games too.

DIFFICULTY CLEAR TRACKING
The game now remembers what difficulty you beat each level on; each level now has ā€œE H Dā€, representing the three difficulties, that light up when you beat the level on said difficulty.

You also unlock better home screen titles depending on what difficulty you beat level 5 on. But Iā€™ll let you discover that yourself.

Additionally, some small changes were made to the advanced settings menu, otherwise thatā€™s all this update. Next up is a leaderboard, which will take me a lot of time. Stay tuned and thanks for following the dev log!

6 Likes

small note for enthusiasts of crumble:

The leaderboard update will score you based on what difficulties you cleared each level on. If you want to get something difficult out of the way, now is the time!

2 Likes

Universal crumble 1.3 is in beta testing
The update will be fully released tomorrow sometime. I literally spent all day (7hrs nonstop) on this, so lemme know what you think, if you find any bugs, etc.

Remember that flowlabā€™s servers arent lightning fast and may take a sec to update your scores.

4 Likes

Universal crumble 1.3 elites update.
For this update, the focus was: what can we do to not only give universal crumble replay value, but also cater to the more competitive of us?
A few important things were added this update. Letā€™s take a look!

LEADERBOARD
After too long, a full LEADERBOARD has been added into universal crumble. Your total score depends on what difficulties you beat each level on. For example, if you run through the game on hard mode only, youā€™ll end up with 15 points. Run through the game on easy, and after getting those Eā€™s checked off, youā€™ll have 20 points.

UI TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
The UI has been adjusted and stuff has been added. The difficulty display now is on the upper-middle to get in your way less, and thereā€™s a new monitor that displays your distance relative to the void. You will no longer fear how close the void actually is to you.

Additionally, the game will auto save your score amount every time the galaxy map opens to prevent data loss and the servers being too slow to display your score on the board.

Next up are achievements which will take even more time to do (you wonā€™t need to replay the game to get them), so thanks for being patient! A few other fun things are coming that update as well. Thanks for following the dev log!!

4 Likes

ANNOUNCEMENT: Universal crumbleā€™s 1.4 update will be coming to steam.
Hi all! School stuff and other things have been busying me, but I have some exciting news. Iā€™ve decided to begin on getting universal crumble a steam release.

The path is not an easy one, though; during making 1.4, I have to get the thumbs up for every music artist included in the project. I also have to get approved to put games on steam. After all that I need to make a trailer and get a proper page setup. Itā€™ll take a while!

This also means another thing: the 1.4 update will be for steam users only. Achievements and the other improvements wonā€™t be available to those on the web. Iā€™m planning to sell crumble for 3 or 2 dollars on steam since itā€™s a relatively short game.

Iā€™m also working on revamping a discord to house universal crumble and development of my other projects. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hey, good luck man! Getting a game on Steam is a very difficult thing to do, but I am here for it. If thereā€™s anything I can help with before I head off to college, just lemme know:D

5 Likes

Thanks! The hardest part by far will be getting the music artist approvals. so far 2 of 9 have given the thumbs up. i have a lot of waiting and possibly music swapping to do lol

3 Likes

Hey all, after some consideration, universal crumble will not be coming to steam. There is simply not enough fitting royalty free music thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for, and almost none of the music artists I reached out to responded. Thus, the gameā€™s 1.4 update will be staying on the web version.

The game may be uploaded to steam for free though when itā€™s done; weā€™ll see how that goes.

If you want to provide more feedback more quickly, or learn a little more, the sup3r87 games discord server is now open for all, and you can join here: Sup3r87 games

That server is gonna house more ā€œcasualā€ updates than here. Updates will still be stated here, but only the major ones. Thank you!!

2 Likes

Universal crumble 1.4 crumbled update.
The final update. This update delivers everything envisioned for the game, and a little more. A lot has been added, so letā€™s go over it!

ACHIEVEMENTS
By far the biggest task: achievements are here! Both flowlab and stores-on-save achievements have been added to the game. Some are gained by getting pilot points, others by doing specific things. Can you gather them all?

PILOT POINTS DISPLAY
An easy pilot points display has been added to the galaxy map so you donā€™t need to check the leaderboard anymore.
Screenshot 2022-08-28 202038

CREDITS SCREEN
To thank the music artists (of which one actually replied to inquiries earlier), a credits screen has been added. Itā€™s available from the main menu and plays after the game ends. Itā€™s pretty quick and if Iā€™m gonna be honest, not a buttload of love was put into it.

BOSS HP BAR
The vorgar solar cruiser that appears at level 5 now has a handy healthbar. It can be used to track the bossā€™s HP better. One of the achievements involves destroying it with your own lasers anyway.

Additionally, numerous bugs and other minor art errors were fixed. Thanks to the flowlab community for providing all the feedback. You guys are awesome!

I will now return to GALACDRIVE, which I have some interesting plans for. Stay tuned and thanks for reading the log!

-sup3r87

8 Likes