Unnamed drawing

@grazer what do you think… capable of being better than SB3? (taking a break from that game)

Added some more levels… but the goal isnt drawn by hand yet…

idk what animation i should use when he jumps then xD

@CrimsonBlackGames - I love the look of this, and it definitely has potential to be awesome! Like others have said, it has some parallels to Cuphead (I really like the sheet of paper background), but there are so many ideas that you could play with.

Just off the top of my head:

1. Since it’s black and white, you could use color very selectively for real impact, or maybe add colors as part of leveling up?

2. Having the theme be on a sheet of paper, you could take photos of stuff and make them interactive, since they aren’t drawn, they wouldn’t have to be confined to the page - stuff like paperclips, pencils (maybe an eraser would be an enemy?), etc. I’m sure you can think of better examples than that :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m pretty stoked to see where you are going with this one, nice work.

Thanks @grazer

Hmm, something thats not confined to the page… making this would be tricky… because the background is also in the GUI, to cover objects that shouldnt be seen off the page…

Coloring, huh? I have lots of construction paper… maybe that will come in handy…

The background is in the ui layer? That’s a clever approach - I was wondering how you did that

In a situation like his, I wonder if he were to try to put another object on top of the GUI layer object, would it sometimes glitch underneath, and if it does, I think we could use a second GUI layer, like bars and text uses.

maybe a bunch of decorated file folders that represents a Save… this could definitely work if Save states were added

@“Mhx Ar” that was a concern of mine… thats why the health meter floats above the character (he needs a name)

I just realised you are using an unintentional collision bug as a feature in your game, lol. You’re using that annoying side effect of collecting coins that triggers additional jumps, as the only way to get over spike pits. That’s something I didn’t expect to see. Nice Bethesda move.

Level 3 is one of the harder ones…

I beat all of them. I played a lot of Super Metroid, and if you want to speed run, you have to jump on the crumbling blocks. Crumble blocks break in under half a second, so you have to jump immediately after touching them to not fall through. This was basically like that.

Im stuck at lower norfair -_- friggin crumbly lava room

@Eric_Matyas

What music piece of yours do you think would fit this game the most?

…I think I like the exception idea, but until then the levels will use coin-jumping and trampoline jumping too