Update on my hand-drawn sonic game

There’s not that much that I changed. Sorry the game looks like a mess, I’m still working on Sonic’s animations and physics. That’s why there’s no title screen, enemies, music, etc. If you saw my game last time you would notice that sonic looks different. I decided that I wanted to change his look. So now his idle animation, running animation, damage animation, and spring animation is different. The others are the same.
here’s the old animations

here are the new ones

(If you guys can’t see the pictures I uploaded sorry)

I also like feed back. Thank you everyone who gave me feedback last time!!!
Here’s the game link: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1608075

8 Likes

Also if you have any suggestions let me know.

1 Like

This is a fun idea! I’m not sure how you’ll export the images but it looks great so far.

1 Like

If I’m correct, he drew them on an Ipad app or something similar. This would be easier than taking pictures of hand drawn pictures and importing them to flowlab.

2 Likes

Glowbug and I have been making art on other apps and exporting them to flowlab for Till We Have Faces.

2 Likes

I actually did draw with just a regular pencil and paper. After that I did that I used my printer to scan it and upload it to my computer. Then I just edited them on an online photo editor so I can get the erase marks off and get it to the right size for the game. Finally the last thing I did was go on https://www.piskelapp.com/ (It’s a sprite editor) cut each one out to be it’s own frame. I know it was super inefficient but it was still fun.

3 Likes

I assumed they were hand drawn, still seems like it’d be faster just to learn how to make pixel art, but looks great regardless.

3 Likes

Thank you you I really appreciated it!!! :grin: I actually might try using an Ipad for my drawings, I’ll get a lot more work done.

2 Likes

I use an app called Pixel Studio.

2 Likes

I’ll check it out, thx

2 Likes

Also, shameless plug lol, check out my announcement on the forums about Till We Have Faces!

2 Likes

That trailer is too cool! I couldn’t find the link to the game. Can you give it to me?

2 Likes

The game isn’t released yet, if you read the rest I just released the play date, it will come out March 24th.

2 Likes

oh ok. Not gonna lie I’m pretty hyped for it! Not to mention it’s a horror game

2 Likes

I’m doing tons of polls, so if you want to know stuff faster or change the development as we speak then just vote and comment!

2 Likes

Don’t worry I already voted

2 Likes