Updated my game a bit, still no good art

I’m still using Flowlab basics cuz I’m bad at art (T_T). I have also fixed some bugs and added some secret stuff, but I’ve wired it to appear constantly for a short while. I would like to see any comments about the gameplay or mechanics and maybe some complaints about how hard it is. :wink: I have made sure that every level is beatable, even with the added difficulty. Remember to read the desc for help, have fun! Edit: forgot the link.

Why can’t I beat this!!!
I thought I had mastered flowlabber platformers. :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Nah, you can try it, you can use other example characters to draw and make your own characters. At first I was the same as you, because I’m bad at drawing animation. But training helps me fix that, you can also try to draw model on paper first, then do it on your computer (if you use your phone to make games, and you REALLY like to do it, you should buy a touch pen for phones and macbooks). But the gameplay is actually simple and only the only main bug is that the screen load after you died multiple in 5-10 secs, the screen game turn into black, idk why it happen.

1 Like

the only thing that makes things super easy is that when you collide with any object like below or left or right, you can still jump
Moreover, you can “Air jump” aka jump in the air, you can fix this by using raycasting down and set it to your desired object. i hope this makes it harder for them to succeed

1 Like

I’ve embraced the jank, it seems you haven’t seen the level Decayed Dungeon :wink: . Also the air jump, also known as coyote time seems to be an issue with the collision behavior, where it stays on after the player leaves the tile.

1 Like

You can control how the air jump works, its based on the collision indeed. You can make it so you jump when your touching top or bottom, which is what you need, but you can still also deactivate left and right. Just click on the collision for the jump, and you can change it.

1 Like

Just realized something when looking at jump code, you have something not finished or scrapped that would’ve made the game much harder. You should know what I mean.

1 Like

Could you elaborate? Also I’m keeping the all side collision because it is needed for a few levels.

well, add a raycast to it, if it misses, it will disable the switch

I’m open to art requests. I could draw some unique sprites for you.

1 Like