Virus Apocalypse Dev Log

yo! Glad you enjoy my projects as much as I enjoy making them :slight_smile: . But yeah, head back to your topic before receiving help. keeps things clean!

3 Likes

Hello! Is this game related to the Jam or my game? If not, please don’t post it here, this is just the development log for my game.

1 Like

Oh i’m sorry so sorry. :slight_smile: not

1 Like

Don’t advertise your game on topics other than your own. This was also stated by Justplainop directly above your message.

2 Likes

Just a little level design. I didn’t do enough to write an update.

5 Likes

Update 1.2

Major

Things I did today (& yesterday):

• An Enemy that follows the player
  • Kill Points
  • Game-time timer
  • Super-cool HP bar sprite
  • Fixed the spritestack for the player
  • Openable doors
  • A massive amount of coding, also finishing the fundamentals

Art:

HP bar

Enemy (Follower)

This update was quite fun to make. Kade (@kade), recommended a Mega-Man-like HP bar. I made a few broken wires around the edges for aesthetics and shaded it all. I think it looks pretty good!

For the enemy, I gave them a Red file-sword and a breaking animation. When the follower enemy gets hit 4 times, it turns good, but you can still get stabbed! I could’ve made it different, but it seemed realistic to be able to be hurt, so I kept it.
If you hit the converted Followers again, they’ll die, just don’t practice, lol.

Tags:
@Hong_Jooni_Pooni @Kasamir @CodeAlpaca

@hi4250five

-Ember.Y

5 Likes

Hello, my game just got interesting. If you can find it on my profile, try it out. I’m not going to share the link just yet though.

I MADE A SPINNING ENEMY THAT STAYS IN PLACE, ACCELERATES IN SPIN, AND HAS A HIGH SPEED FOR SPINNING!

1 Like

Update 1.3

Minor
Things that I completed today:

• A large amount of Level Design
  • A custom-cursor
  • New stationary enemy
  • An Updated HP system for all of the sprites

Art:

New enemy

Animation for new enemy

New cursor sprite+Animtion

Small update, just a few special sprites. Here’s the level so far:

The Player is the tiny white dot near the middle.

Tags:
@pingkiller122 @hi4250five @eee_team

Good day,
-Ember.Y

2 Likes

There we go! That does just the trick! If you want to know what it does, read it.

1 Like

If the object is at X or Y location, go to next level on collision with P1.

I’m confused why it’s an always, it’s a very exact location, so I’m assuming the object isn’t moving at all.
And then the part to select the animation is also kind of strange. It seems like you’re just wanting a
OnceExtractors(X/Y)FiltersAND gate

You can also just name the object something as well
Like naming it “Door”

OnceExtractor(Object Name)Text Compare

1 Like

Oh, ok. I might change it.

Update 1.4

Major

Updates:

• Finished Level 1 (Started 2)
  • Made a new enemy
  • Coded the new enemy and a level door
  • Fixed a few bugs
  • Experimented with different enemy movement systems

Art:

New swarm enemy

Death animation

Level Design:

Level 1

Level 2

It takes about three minutes to beat the first level at a speedrun-pace. If you know the layout of the level, it takes around 2. (I added a game timer).
The red dot enemy was originally supposed to be a cluster enemy, but that was WAY beyond my capabilities, so I made it a weak, but fast tiny enemy.

I don’t want the game to be too repetitive, so I might add some cool things in Level 2. My plan is a sort of open city type level.

Tags:
@Hong_Jooni_Pooni @Kasamir @CodeAlpaca

@hi4250five @pingkiller122 @eee_team

Thanks for reading,
-Ember.Y

2 Likes

So, I thought that, after finishing the first level, it would be a good time to share the game link…

Virus Apocalypse

2 Likes

Update 1.5

Minor

Updates:

• The beginning of two alley-ways!
  • A fading label that only activates when the player hits a certain part of the level.

There isn’t any art for today. Here’s the level design for level 2:

Tags:

-Ember.Y

2 Likes

Update 1.6

Minor

Updates:

• More level.
  • A new follower enemy (I accidentally deleted the previous one entirely)
  • A new boss! (WIP.)

Art:

Sprites

Animations

Overall, this update was a complete TERROR! I couldn’t find why my globals weren’t working, which stopped me from doing much level design, and I accidentally deleted the follower enemy entirely from the game, so that took a while.

Tags:

Thanks for reading, good day,

-Ember.Y

2 Likes

This seems a little different from the other games you’ve made, I’m happy to see that. Did my answer help for the boss?

2 Likes

I think it’s the first detailed game I’ve made on my own. If I don’t win, I’ll still keep it.

YEP! Now I can get down to the last three objects for the last level. Sure, there will be an outro, but other than that, I only have three objects left to code!

2 Likes

I MADE THE FINAL BOSS!!! It’s BIG and grows 0.5 times bigger EVERY SECOND until it’s 4 TIMES AS LARGE!!!

(It’s also a bullet helI boss and follows the player. It also destroys blocks and can cut you… Die.)

@Hong_Jooni_Pooni @Kasamir @CodeAlpaca @ItzBlob @hi4250five @pingkiller122 @eee_team!

6 Likes

Update: Final

Updates:

• Last boss
  • Second-to last boss
  • Final Boss bar
  • Final boss bullet
  • Final level block
  • Text UI object
  • Updated Label system
  • Updated HP system

Art:

Final boss:

Healers:

I’m not going to post the text animation. You have to defeat the final boss to see it.

This is the largest update so far. It is the final update, but I can guarantee there’ll be more. I have SO many things that I can possibly upgrade.

Also, I can’t write very much, due to time, so you’ll have to play the game to see the rest.

Well, that’ll be it for now. I still have 15 objects remaining, so I might make some upgrades…

Tags:
@Hong_Jooni_Pooni @Kasamir @CodeAlpaca @ItzBlob @hi4250five @pingkiller122 @eee_team

Thank you for all of your support throughout the development of this game.

-Ember.Y

5 Likes

Update 1.7

Updates:

• Pausing
  • Fullscreen
  • Music for the main menu (Really good)
  • Idle menu animations
  • Updated hover bundles for the play button, credits button, and the development button
  • In-game music options

Art:

File Fluid drops

Outro menu level selection

Pausing and Fullscreen buttons (+UI Bar)

That’s all of the art. This game will continue to be updated, there is always more stuff to add, but they will come much less frequently than the previous updates.

If you want to review the game, head here. This game is now complete. I might add dash particles sometime, but not at the moment, I don’t know how to make them.

The Game Is DONE!

Tags:
@Hong_Jooni_Pooni @Kasamir @CodeAlpaca @ItzBlob @hi4250five @pingkiller122 @eee_team

-Ember.Y

2 Likes